As the refinery RAID Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting a monthly post-audit of commercial decisions including crude and feedstock purchases, product placement, and refinery optimization. The primary tool used in this analysis is the refinery linear programming (LP) model. In addition, you will generate KPI's and recommendations to maximize refinery gross margin and works with the Technical organization to improve the accuracy of the LP's representation of refinery operations.
- Provides RAID analysis using the LP and other tools on the following topics:
- Planning and execution of the optimized 0-3 month operating plan
- Planning and execution of TAR operations
- Accuracy of the refinery LP relative to actual operations
- Financial Delivery resulting from Capex projects
- Works collaboratively with various stakeholders to ensure engagement and understanding of the RAID analysis. This includes Production Planning, Supply, Finance, Operations, Optimization Engineers and Technical groups. Works with LP Team Lead and Refinery Optimization Manager to ensure key messages are communicated to leadership.
- Issues and contributes to various monthly reports to ensure analysis insights are shared in a timely manner. Develop, track and communicate RAID process metrics.
- Takes part in long and short term planning discussions to ensure that the analysis is accurate.
- In conjunction with the Refinery LP Developer and planning team, identifies opportunities to improve the refinery LP model to ensure accuracy of analysis.
- Works with global networks in LP development and Performance Management to ensure best practices are shared and implemented.
BA or BS in engineering, business or technical discipline (engineering preferred)
To be successful in this role, you should have a minimum of four years experience preferably in engineering and/or supply/optimization.
You should also be able to effectively communicate and present complex analysis results in an effective and concise manner to varying stakeholders. You also understand refinery sources of value and the contribution and relationship of individual process units under various scenarios.