BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The CS&O Marketer is responsible for generating value for BP from jet business from the import tank or refinery gate through to the airline wing tip at a hub airport and everything in between. This is achieved through co-ordinating the deployment of BP's Trading, supply plus Sales and Marketing Capabilities. Focus on supplier and customer deals plus assets and supply chain optimization within the geography.
As the CS&O Marketer, you will be responsible for acting as one of the jet business' focal points between the IST trading business and the Air BP Sales and Marketing business. You will:
- Be performance managed on optimising BP's performance across supply chains which service locations within the CS&O team geography
- Manage tenders of counterparties buying and selling term in the pre-airfield space across the CS&O team geography
- Understand and contribute to the process of managing price exposure on deals across North America
- Provide prices to the Air BP Sales and Marketing network for airline tenders at a number of airports
- With the support of the jet bench, be jointly involved with the Air BP Sales and Marketing Account Managers in the process and interface with the airlines for opportunities to deepen relationships beyond transactional into-wing buying.
- Actively seek new business opportunities and portfolio upgrading with Origination
- Deliver model set up, including new business activity processes and procedures to enable successfully delivery of the business model, plus provide insights and input to enable continuous improvement in how we operate
- Provide information on analytics, trade flows, asset capabilities and supply demand balances to enable the team to assess the competitive landscape, opportunities and build a strategy in new and existing geographies.
- Work with the Operations teams to establish effective procedures and ways of working
- Contribute to strategy development in the CS&O geography.
The CS&O Marketer primarily reports into the Commercial Manager, Americas with a dotted line into the IST Team and is an integral part of both Air BP & the Jet bench.
The role shall work closely with the lead originator in the IST G-GOFO Jet Team to contribute to & execute strategy development in the CS&O geography
- 5 years related work experience
- Experience working in a commercial sales or trading environment
- Oil product knowledge
- Ability to build relationships in a short period of time with external and internal parties whom incumbent has not met before or worked with before
- Clearly understand and can articulate the sources of trading value
- Proven track record of identifying and capturing new growth opportunities
- Self-starter, commercially astute and innovative
- Strong influencing skills, with an ability to build consensus and engagement across teams, functions and geographies
- Powerful communicator and influencer
- Strong analytical and logistics skills