Established in 2012, Pearson College London is part Pearson, a FTSE 100 and global education company. We have a clear mission – to become the UK’s leading provider of industry-focused education, enabling our students to develop the knowledge, intellectual capacity and professional experience they need for their long-term careers. Through Pearson Business School and Escape Studios we offer degrees, training and short courses which are designed, developed and delivered with industry.
About the team
This role sits within the Communications Team, part of the Centre for Industry and Engagement at Pearson College London. Behind the scenes of the College, the Marketing, Recruitment, Alumni, Events and Communications Teams work hard to build our brand and engage with customers and stakeholders. We’re a driven, creative, supportive and fun group of people. We work flexibly across the marketing mix to produce materials, events, content and campaigns to engage with our target audiences. We’re data driven and put our customers at the heart of our work. As a growing organisation, we work in a fast-paced environment but one where we nurture talent, share ideas and work collaboratively. Company fit is important to us and we’re looking for candidates that are imaginative, brave and keen to learn.
As the Communications Officer, you will work with the Head of Communications and wider Communications team to deliver both proactive and reactive media, press and social engagement. You will also be responsible for writing articles and blogs for internal and external publication, to support all general communications and campaigns across Pearson Business School and Escape Studios.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Seek out opportunities to present the College and its viewpoint to the press and media; supporting the Head of Communications with all PR work, to raise brand awareness and underpin the College’s brand narrative
- Lead the social media strategy for Pearson College London/Pearson Business School and Escape Studios’ social media channels; scheduling engaging content with a consistent tone, responding to enquiries and ensuring the team is abreast of the latest social media trends
- Bring the College’s brand to life with creative and compelling content for multiple audiences across a range of channels – ensuring consistent brand and tone
- Support the Head of Communications to deliver all proactive and reactive crisis communications, to protect the College’s brand and reputation
- Drafting all award nominations and managing the submissions timetable
- Support Head of Communications and other teams to develop student/staff internal communications, to establish new channels and update existing intranet and newsletters
- Maintain a content calendar to map out all key content pieces throughout the year (blogs, news articles, case studies) to support our brand and reputation and tell our story, ensuring collation of content at industry days and other key events
- Support the Alumni team to gather alumni success stories
- Build strong relationships with colleagues in other departments, through regular meetings, co-design of marketing and communications activities and providing expert advice
- Be an active member of the Communications team, taking on additional communications activity as required, working closely with colleagues across the department
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including writing for and understanding of different audiences and channels
- Experience and passion for managing social media channels, understanding its strategic marketing capabilities
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail – accurate copy-editing and proofreading of text
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage your own workload and prioritise multiple projects
- Possessing a ‘can do’ attitude and solution oriented
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends e.g. College Open Days
- Interest or experience of Higher Education
- Ability to produce social media strategy
- PR/marketing qualification
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 30, 2020
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2001049
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.