Communities and Communications Executive - 9 Month Fixed Term Contract
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Communities and Communications Executive is responsible for coordinating our student and academic communities and supporting our internal and external communications strategy. This role requires an individual who has proven experience in managing multiple stakeholders.
The role splits broadly into three areas:
- Be the main liaison between the students in our Pearson Student Advisory Board (PSAB) and Pearson colleagues. Help internal project sponsors to ensure their projects stay on track and that both they and the students involved are getting the most from them.
- Organise the PSAB events (2 x 2-day residential meetings): coordinate the agenda, event logistics and communications.
- Work with the Marketing and Customer Experience teams to set up and run the new Faculty Advisor scheme. Coordinate internal stakeholders and the academics who sign up to the scheme.
- Work with the Content Marketing Manager to run and promote the HE blog.
- Support colleagues and authors to use social media effectively to promote products, services and events.
- Support trade business book authors with their book launches via social media by creating content such as web banners and book images.
- Coordinate the HE-UK twitter feed, using content from colleagues and authors.
- Support HES campaign managers with paid social campaigns for priority resources.
- Work with stakeholders across HES to increase traction on our HES Neo page
- Coordinate our overarching events calendar across HES.
- Coordinate our attendance at non-product specific events and those we are sponsoring: work with our external events company to organise stands, branding, surveys and logistics. Be the main liaison with the event organisers.
- Monitor social media pre/during events and share.
- Organise events to support our communities: PSAB, Co-Lab and Faculty Advisors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree or demonstrable experience in marketing, communications, event organisation or related role.
- Experience using social media marketing in a business context
- Proficient in MS Office, with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Outstanding project/time management and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Eagerness to learn, willingness to develop, desire to support team, department and organizational development
- Strong team player with excellent and proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate in fast-paced environment and manage many projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to develop strong cross-functional working relationships
- Self-motivated and “hands-on”, taking the initiative to problem solve and find solutions.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Job: Project/Programme Management
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Oct 5, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1811517
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.