Complaints and Continual Improvement Specialist
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About the team
Customer Services for qualifications comprises approximately 230 members of staff across a number of teams based in London and Manchester. Our approach varies between customer groups because each one needs a different kind of support:
- Exams Officers
- Work-Based Learning customers (employers and training providers)
The Complaints and Continual Improvement Specialistsits within the Business Improvement team and is responsible for the management of the Pearson qualifications complaints and feedback process, working with internal teams and colleagues at all levels to make sure we’re meeting our service level requirements, delivering excellent customer service and making improvements to customer experience.
Reporting to the Business Improvement Team Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the complaints and feedback process and quality initiatives to improve customer experience, which will include internal auditing, the delivery of complaints training to the business and utilising the complaints dashboard and our customer satisfaction survey to identify key themes and trends, and make improvements. The role is varied which will allow the successful applicant to develop and utilise a number of skills. It is also a great opportunity to work with colleagues all around the business, at all levels.
- Monitoring the complaint and feedback inboxes in CRM and making sure complaints and feedback are sitting with the correct specialist owners in an appropriate time frame.
- Producing weekly complaints and feedback reporting to make sure we’re meeting our service levels and regulatory requirements, and giving visibility to senior management to ensure they’re supporting timely resolutions. This will involve following up with colleagues to ensure they’re completing the work required, and analysis of the data to identify key trends so that we can further support teams.
- Implementing quality assurance measures to ensure there is consistency across teams and we are applying the required standard for complaints and feedback resolution across the business.
- Assist with reviewing complaint responses and advising complaint owners on how to approach complaint resolution and improvement.
- Supporting our Student Services team with complaints resolution for parents/learners.
- The team is a quality, audit and monitoring function but you may be required, at times, to take responsibility for individual complaints/feedback resolution and continual improvement, and will be involved in complaints resolution for any business incidents.
- Development and delivery of complaints training programme to all internal colleagues, using knowledge of issues with complaints management to continue to build on the programme and resources available for colleagues.
- Responsibility for sending the complaints customer satisfaction survey daily and working with the managers of the original complaint owners to coordinate any follow up needed with customers. Identifying key themes and trends from customer survey feedback and working with the relevant stakeholders to make improvements.
- Utilising our complaints dashboard to identify key themes and trends to inform improvement.
- Create and maintain complaints and feedback group on NEO (Pearson’s online community).
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance internal and external customer experience, engaging and working with key stakeholders and using the Business Improvement team governance structure.
- Representing the team at key meetings, including ISO 9001 audits and pre-summer preparation meetings. Responsibility for making sure that any preparation or action required is complete.
- Administrative tasks such as updating CRM logs, sending acknowledgements to customers, setting up meetings, taking minutes, picking up actions, data manipulation and mail merge.
- Yearly review of end to end process for complaints and feedback and updating all relevant process documentation.
Skills and experience required:
- Customer Service experience
- Stakeholder management experience
- Experience of writing communications to customers
- Proactive in solving problems and seeking resolutions, and looking for opportunities to improve products and services.
- Complete work to a high standard
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for detail and good proofreading skills
- High level of self motivation as well as the ability to work as part of a team and with others. The successful applicant will need to work with others to drive forward the resolution of issues.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Experience in creation of training materials including presentation slides and support materials, as well as presenting to a large audience.
- Confident speaker who can deliver presentations/training as required.
- Experience of dealing with complaints
- Experience working in the field of communications
Systems, Tools & IT Literacy
- Standard MS Office-based packages
- CRM experience
- Experience in creating video tutorials and/or web based graphic materials using Camtasia software and Prezi
- Experience in using mailing and website management systems
Education, Qualifications & Training *:*
- GCE A Level, relevant vocational qualification or extensive experience in a relevant discipline
- University degree or equivalent
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: Customer Service
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 13, 2018
Job Unposting: Apr 27, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1805968
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.