What is in it for you
- Showcase your excellent technical ability
- Demonstrate your analytical and decision-making skills
- Be part of protecting the public and upholding the public interest
As a Complex Caseworker, you will deal with claims which require detailed analysis and investigation. You will use your legal and regulatory knowledge and apply the Fund’s rules to see claims to completion. You will work closely with the Technical Specialists to explore approaches and solutions.
You will draft first-rate reports to make appropriate recommendations to decision makers. You will adopt a consistent and project management approach across all claims, ensuring you take ownership of each case and working pragmatically.
As a Complex Caseworker you will be comfortable with large case-holdings of complex cases, able to absorb and analyse large amounts of data and information and to progress them efficiently.
You will become an expert on given interventions and form a key part of multi-departmental teams dealing with cases such as investment fraud. You will be confident in presenting and discussing cases with senior members of the SRA and others.
What we are looking for
- Strong technical ability, within a regulatory investigation environment
- Able to explain and discuss complex issues concisely with clarity
- Excellent analytical ability, demonstrating risk based judgement
- Drive to deliver high quality outcomes
Please ensure that your CV and covering letter clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.
Previous applicants from the last 6 months need not apply.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong proven regulatory investigation experience.
- Good knowledge of the legal framework and the SRA’s principles / rules against which the key regulatory risks in the regulation of legal services will be assessed.
- Proven experience of class actions and complex legal arguments.
- Qualified Solicitor and/or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Proven experience of complex case management in claims, legal or insurance (or comparable) environment.
- Proven experience of drafting complex reports with recommendations, efficiently and effectively to deadlines and quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt style to explain complex issues succinctly and with clarity both in writing and orally.
- Can demonstrate high levels of flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to learn and develop, taking on new responsibilities and adopting a flexible, pragmatic approach to work.
- Proactive decision making and an ability to analyse large amounts of different and complex information and make sound judgements based on clear rationale - demonstrating a good sense of risk-based judgement and business acumen to identify key issues and solutions.
- Evidence of working successfully in a dynamic environment where priorities may change at short notice, along with the ability to plan and deliver effective outcome-focused results – you will be resilient and tenacious.
- Strong financial analysis skills - ability to critically examine, interpret and challenge financial statements.
- Proven experience of operating autonomously and collaborating as part of a functional or cross functional team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven significant experience of influencing and constructively challenging internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Motivated by complexity and enjoys working in a technically challenging environment.
- Customer focussed with an ability to handle challenging and demanding customers effectively.
- Good awareness and understanding of the legal profession - the main participants in the market; firm’s operating models; and up to date knowledge of external legal, political and economic influencing factors.
- Experience of working in an environment going through business transformation and introduction of new IT systems and the process and procedural changes that entails.
The SRA is the independent regulator of solicitors and law firms in England and Wales, protecting consumers and supporting the rule of law and the administration of justice. We do this by overseeing all education and training requirements necessary to practise as a solicitor, licensing individuals and firms to practise, setting the standards of the profession and regulating and enforcing compliance against these standards.
We offer a generous flexible benefits package, a friendly working environment and the opportunity to develop your career within a professional organisation.