The Construction Advisor (CA) is responsible for the overall management and administration of project construction, quality of construction, schedules and budgetary performance during construction. The CA is directly responsible for all field activities of the project construction team which requires the CA to organize, plan, motivate, coordinate and direct the construction effort. The CA liaisons between contractors performing work on the project and BP. The CA assures compliance with BP's safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Develop budget booking sheets and work breakdown structures that are in alignment with the sanction estimate and contracting strategy of the project
- Track physical progress of construction activities and update weekly
- Develop detailed work plans to ensure efficient project delivery through implementation of Lean Construction principles and utilization of the Lean Construction tools (Pull Planning, Make Work Ready and Weekly Work Plan) to drive optimal manpower and sequencing of construction activities. This inCAudes ensuring that all engineering, procurement, and construction deliverables are complete and in place so that project execution proceeds smoothly.
- Manage project construction using Earned Value Management and Lean Construction tools to ensure that cost and schedule performance targets are met as planned.
- Interface as necessary with Contractor Field Supervisors to ensure safety, quality and efficient delivery of projects.
- Provide technical support to the field staff for interpretation of work packages, drawings, specifications, procedures and vendor instructions.
- Review and screen all Field Change Notices (FCN) and Request For Information (RFI) Reports.
- Understand and assure compliance with all Whiting Business Unit's Safety Manual and HSSE policies and procedures during day-to-day construction activities.
- Ensure that the Permit to Work Procedure is in place and being followed in the field
- Ensure that construction resources on the job site are in alignment with the Pull Plan and Weekly Work Plan
- Perform field compliance audits of job sites each week
- Act as point of contact with Operations, Inspection, Quality Assurance, Fire Department, Security, Engineering, Procurement, etc., for engaging construction resources during field construction execution.Champions housekeeping on the job site and corrects deficiencies
- Prefer B.S. in Construction Management or Engineering/Technical Field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years managing construction activities in an industrial environment
- Industrial experience