BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Construction Cost Engineer is responsible for maintaining the database of historical construction costs for use in budgeting future projects and establishing upper boundary conditions for cost plans incorporated into ATNs and EFMs. The Cost Engineer will assist PMs in developing construction budgets, evaluating bids, and value-engineering projects based upon the defined scope and minimum design standards. In this role, you will collaborate with the Design Manager and Procurement to evaluate cost implications of the building and equipment specifications, and will be the central resource for Business Development to consult on cost modeling NTIs, DCAs, and ESAs.
- Maintain historical construction costs in a data base that can be used for future budgeting and cost diagnostics
- Develop programmatic cost models for use in planning and forecasting Capex programs embedded in Growth, Commercial Maintain, and Integrity Management investment categories.
- Review and critique construction budgets submitted by PMs prior to Management approval of the EFM and PAF.
- Evaluate bids of major capital projects to identify variances to budget and to assist PMs in value-engineering scope
- Evaluate RFP for professional services and new design standards
- Maintain industry benchmarks for construction costs, advising on trends for predicting future impacts
- Create quantity surveys for unique one-off project budgets
- Assist Project Controller with Project Closeouts to assure change orders have been allocated to the appropriate WBS
- Conduct post project reviews to assess budget accuracy and update budgeting tools
- Evaluate contractor performance in providing low-cost, high-quality construction services
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering or Construction Management degrees preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant business experience within retail construction
- Excels in quantity surveys, unit costs, CIS, value engineering, bid reviews
- Excellent computer skills, highly competent with Excel and Tableau
- Ability to travel up to 10%