The primary focus of the Construction Lead (CL) role is to prepare assigned projects to move from Front End Stages into Execute Stage. In Select and Define Stages, the CL is responsible to provide input to the project team regarding HSSE, risk assessment, constructability, estimate development, schedule development and contracting strategy. In Execute Stage, the CL is responsible to provide guidance as needed to the Construction Lead to help ensure that the project is delivered efficiently in the field.
- Participate and provide construction input as needed during Front-end-loading Stages of the project. CL shall ensure that projects are ready to move through the gate from Define into Execute. This input includes, but may not be limited to, HSSE, risk assessment, constructability, estimate development, schedule development and contracting strategy.
- Coordinates any investigative work required to adequately define a project scope for Execute. An example of this type of work would be to perform exploratory hydro-trenching of a proposed location for a future foundation.
- Continues to provide constructability input to the detailed engineering design effort in the Execute stage.
- Writes the construction execution plan and provides input as needed into any other construction aspects of the Project Execution Plan.
- Coordinates and facilitates high level pull planning sessions in Select and Define stages. Coordinates, facilitates and/or guides detailed pull planning sessions in the Execute stage of a project.
- Ensures that detailed work plans are developed. This includes ensuring that respective Construction Leads have all engineering, procurement and construction deliverables complete and in place so that project construction proceeds as planned.
- Monitor the execution of Construction Contractors to ensure that cost and schedule performance targets are met as planned and that their work is in accordance with work packages, specifications, and good practices. Partner with the Field Project Controls team to measure construction performance through Earned Value Management principles and tools.
- Provides oversite and technical support to the overall construction effort in the execute stage
- Ensure that quality control procedures are followed.Ensure that all construction activity is safely executed.
- Prefer B.S. in Construction Management or Engineering/Technical Field
- 6 years managing construction activities in an industrial environment
- Experience using Lean Construction Planning principles and tools
- Industrial experience