Content Marketing Executive
Division: Pearson Online Learning Services
Job Family: Marketing
Location: 80 Strand, London (currently remote working)
Role: Full Time/Regular
Reporting into: Content Marketing Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About the team
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an innovative new online learning service that Pearson Online Learning Services (POLS) has launched: UK Learns. Working with a number of Pearson divisions as well as external providers, UK Learns provides access to some of the world’s best quality, skills-based and degree-awarding online courses that employers value.
The wider POLS team work in partnership with universities across the country, providing full-scale online learning services to these institutions including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support. As a start-up unit, every member of our team responds positively to breaking new ground, and is willing to challenge current practice and to be challenged themselves.
About the job
As the Content Marketing Executive, you would play an important part in maintaining the integrity of the UK Learns brand and online presence, drive marketing performance to achieve commercial goals and elevate the experience of our customers.
You would be responsible for developing engaging content for multi-channel marketing and communication activities globally. Content developed by the Content Marketing team brings life to the communications throughout our customers’ lifecycle, with a strong focus on lead generation and lead conversion stages. This is mainly a Business to Customer (B2C) marketing role, with a view to explore B2B opportunities.
This role will also focus strongly on content developed for digital medium, specifically for web, email and social media, including SEO and keyword-rich blog content, web page copy and web assets, email copy, organic and paid social media assets and more.
As the Content Marketing Executive, you will be working in a matrix structure with the opportunity to work across a number of internal functions including Research, Recruitment, Brand and Communications, Technology and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, you will support the development and execution of all elements of the partner specific content plan, including research, copy-writing and asset production. You will also support the Content Marketing Manager in external agency relationship management.
● Develop a rich content strategy for the UK Learns platform, utilising customer insight, SEO keyword and competitor research to form the basis of the strategy.
● Develop a content strategy to support the overall marketing strategy and goals of the business.
● Develop a channel-specific content plan to support the content and marketing strategy.
● Work closely with Partnership Marketing Manager and Web and SEO Manager within the team to manage the delivery of the content plan for the UK Learns platform.
● Use existing market research insight and conduct desk research backed by SEO principles to identify content themes, trends and best practice in order to develop audience-relevant and impactful content.
● Work with the Web and SEO Manager to conduct SEO audits to identify content gaps.
● Develop messaging and content pieces aligned with targeted audiences, personas and the user journey.
● Manage the end-to-end planning and production process for online marketing assets alongside Partnership Marketing Managers and other Marketing team members.
● Deliver best in class assets across multiple online mediums such as web, social media, email and online advertising formats, to increase product awareness and generate quality leads for the UK Learns platform.
● Develop marketing assets across several lead generation, conversion and retention stages.
● Copy-write for a variety of assets.
● Develop creative briefs to instruct agencies in the development of marketing campaign concepts and tool-kits, or individual assets such as a video or infographics.
● Upload content to the UK Learns CMS system.
● Create and manage content production schedule to ensure all assets are delivered on time and to budget.
● Optimise / improve content pieces based on performance.
Content distribution & quality checks
● Support Partnership Marketing Managers and other internal teams in ensuring the content / assets are fit for purpose, deliver on the objective and are suitable for the intended distribution channel.
● Regularly track, analyse and report back on content asset performance against suitable metrics and business goals.
● Make recommendations on how to improve content performance.
● Take part in business performance meetings to discuss results and insights.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
● An undergraduate degree in marketing, journalism, communications or other relevant qualification.
● Demonstrable experience in developing engaging digital content, specifically web-based content creation and copywriting, commissioning design assets and agency management.
● Demonstrable experience in developing engaging social content across a variety of formats and platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube).
● Knowledge of SEO best practice.
● Proficient in Google Analytics.
● Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
● Ability to analyse performance data and track costs against budget.
● Ability to operate in fast-paced environment and manage a number of campaigns simultaneously.
● Outstanding project/time management.
● Higher education or student marketing experience.
● Experience in developing content for SEO purposes.
● Experience building or updating webpages in CMS systems such as Wordpress and / or Adobe Marketing Suite.
● Experience in using email platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Mailchimp or Dotmailer.
● Experience in other software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
● Experience in managing social media business accounts including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 26, 2020
Job Unposting: Jul 17, 2020
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2006383
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.