Content Marketing Manager
We are Pearson, the world’s leading education company. Our purpose is to improve the lives of others through learning. We are over 30,000 people strong and we operate across over 80 countries. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
We are looking for a positive, creative and driven Content Marketing Manager to join our Higher Education Marketing Team. You will be responsible for creating and developing all types of content to enable us to enrich campaigns and carry forth our mission to support the lives of educators and learners in a way that engages and entices our learned audience into deeper conversation.
This is an exciting position for a superior content marketing expert with responsibility for increasing market share and revenue for the Higher Education (HE) business in the UK through the creation and delivery of a content plan that:
- Increases visitor traffic to and engagement with our HE website
- Powers the campaign programme with exciting and compelling content
- Positions Pearson as a thought-leader on HE issues with institutions, employers and policy-makers
- Lead the planning, development and production of high quality marketing content, in all its forms for all channels (website, letters, subject guides, video, infographics, blogs, podcasts, social posts, direct mail etc.), and for all stages of the customer journey, to maximize engagement and interest.
- Understand and prioritise content requirements for key customer journeys across HE in order to drive conversion from visitor to lead, ensuring the decisions are made based on data from Google Analytics, sales feedback, customer feedback and industry reports
- Lead the production of bookshop and catalogue promotional content
- Develop and maintain the HE content calendar, in consultation with Corporate Affairs and in line with significant external events
- Ensure content is produced in line with Pearson Brand Guidelines
- Strive to achieve objectives, assess marketing performance & adjust plans accordingly.
- Use customer insights to stay abreast of customer needs and transfer this learning into our next generation content creation plan
- Lead on content development to feed into commercial marketing campaigns
- Set clear objectives and evaluate how customers respond to various forms / types of content (which content, posted in what form, where and when by whom), and strive to innovate to maximize engagement and Return On Investment (ROI)
- Work collaboratively with various departments to align communications and messaging and provide a unified customer experience to customers.
- From time to time, engage in special projects and tasks that go beyond the remit of the role.
Required Skills and Experience:
This is a content-focused, primarily B2B Marketing role that requires an individual well-versed in creating and securing engagement with compelling marketing content.
- Strong experience developing effective marketing content from customer insights.
- Passion for creating compelling copy
- Ability to influence & educate the Business on prioritization of content marketing activity that maximises value.
- Experience in the latest B2B marketing techniques
- Proven digital Marketing experience and proficiency in the most important channels & tools (eg web design, Twitter, Facebook, email Marketing, Google Analytics)
- Excellent communication and networking skills, a team player and ability to deal with stakeholders at different levels of seniority.
- A passion for customer experience & analysing product, customers and market dynamics to connect the right prospect to the right product or service.
- Able to make effective, timely decisions and empower others to do so with clear accountability.
- Strong organisational skills, & ability to plan and prioritise work effectively.
- Strong project management skills.
- Agency management experience.
- Track record of successful management of programmes in a B2B marketing role.
- Confident as a subject matter expert, able to share knowledge with team members and colleagues and create programmes and processes that deliver results with minimal manager input.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of content marketing fundamentals
- Enthusiasm and drive – a self-starter who can, inspire & motivate.
- Results driven with the energy and resilience to make things happen.
- Can build relationships and work collaboratively internally & externally.
- Commercial mind set.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills, must be comfortable interpreting multiple sources of information and applying judgment to complex situations
- Ability to work under pressure, staying ahead of complex schedules, and maintaining cutting-edge knowledge.
- CIM qualified
- Good understanding of the UK and international education sector
- Experience of marketing to HE institutions
- Experience of managing results through others
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2018
Job Unposting: Aug 6, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809952
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled