Content Producer (Project Editor)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Content Producer supports in the commissioning, coordination and management of the production of content for selected core and custom products within the English & Global Schools, International Curriculum Courseware Portfolio.
As part of the Content Production team, they are responsible for ensuring that produced content is of the appropriate quality, and is delivered to agreed schedules and budgets.
● Part of the team responsible for managing the production of selected full-service projects within International Curriculum.
● Responsible for establishing schedules, managing budget, and ensuring agreed upon project goals, milestones, and quality targets are met.
● Responsible for identifying, engaging and managing vendors for quality compliance, schedule and budget. Includes drafting and sending out Requests for proposals (RFP), and evaluating vendor RFP responses. Provide feedback on performance.
● Helps to support vendors to ensure successful production and delivery of projects, according to specified objectives around cost, time and quality.
● Helps to communicate across cross-functional teams re the end-to-end workflow related to production of courseware products.
● Helps resolve production bottlenecks, with minimal guidance, by communicating a big picture understanding of interconnecting components for a particular courseware product.
● Assists, with minimal guidance, in flagging areas of improvement in terms of production flow or relationships with vendors and content creators in order to increase efficiency or reduce costs.
● Implements and ensures that standards around format, structure, naming, etc. are met for all produced content.
● Risk management & risk mitigation plans
● Project prioritisation
● Multi-task across multiple projects whilst remaining calm under pressure
● Work closely with internal and external production service providers, in support of our outsourcing strategy
● Ensuring that vendors are prepared, trained and provided with the necessary tools and materials to ensure delivery to agreed standards and timescales
● Understands how Production supports Pearson's larger goals.
● Able to deliver plans according to budget and looks for areas of financial optimization.
● Understands how content works in all product categories.
● Has working knowledge of the specificities of International Curriculum.
● Works with other parts of the organisation, with minimal guidance (e.g. portfolio management and content development teams) as necessary to ensure support in attaining output, quality and productivity.
● Part of the team that supports management of freelancers and vendors for schedule, budget, quality compliance and provide feedback on performance.
The above list of job duties is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake tasks which are broadly in line with the above description and may reasonably be expected within the scope and grade of the position
Portfolio Managers, Content Developers, Digital Content Producers, Designers, Permissions Analysts
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
The International Curriculum focus is particularly on these attributes:
● Resilient — perseveres with determination and conviction
● Entrepreneurial — applies expertise for success of the business
● Free-thinking — is creative, dynamic and inquisitive
● Bold — makes an impact through strong initiative and action
● International — embraces community of global, culturally-aware teams
● Committed to Excellence—delivers now and improves continuously
● Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
● Proven experience in managing the production of content.
● Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity; the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
● Experience of people management.
● Strong project management and organisational skills – analytical thinking, planning and organising
● Strong Communication skills – Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
● Strong team-working skills – Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
● Leadership skills – Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization. Use a variety of techniques to work with stakeholders to achieve your goals.
● Ability to build Relationships – Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
● Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Personal Style and Behaviour
We are looking for an enthusiastic production person to support & work closely with all Content Development, Product Management & Production services.
You will be adept at switching between a number of projects; technically literate and able to communicate production needs to less technical team members; systematic with a great attention to detail; collaborative with good communication skills and the patience provide support to internal stakeholders & external vendors who may not have English as a first language.
As an excellent communicator, you will be working closely with project managers andother stakeholders, using your experience to manage the production and post-production process to meet the needs of our print and digital publishing programme.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Oxford
Work Locations: GB-Oxford-Jordan Hill Halley Court Jordan Hill Oxford OX2 8EJ
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 4, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1914081
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.