The BIP program is critical to the delivery of Whiting’s short term annual plans and lays the foundation for the site to become the safest and most profitable refinery in the US. Whiting’s’ plan for the BIP is comprised of six major work streams targeted at the most significant opportunities for improved performance.
The Program Management Office (PMO) Coordinator is responsible for organizing, managing, help set and promote new and continuing improvement initiatives compliant with the BP Operating Management System (OMS) standards and internal control processes in support of the BIP. The successful candidate will support the existing BIP work streams in delivering the annual BIP commitments by ensuring that:
- project delivery goals are clear
- timelines are understood and being met
- best practices are being applied
- benefits are tracked to the bottom line
- plans are coordinated across work streams and departments
- improvements are sustainable
The role also offers opportunities to lead or directly participate in new continuous improvement projects, helping define activities, metrics, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the work streams and ensuring that these are sustainably tracked and executed. Communication and influencing skills are paramount with the necessary engagement of various department and functional teams to foster cooperative teamwork and implementation of improvements for the site. The PMO Coordinator directly reports to Whiting’s Business Improvement Manager.
- Integral part of the program management office process that effectively monitors completion of improvement activities, communicates progress across the organization, and tracks benefits to the bottom line.
- Support the Business Improvement Manager in the development of the Whiting Refinery strategic direction for the BIP for both the short term and the long term.
- Build relationships and effectively communicate and influence across the refinery at all levels; foster collaboration and have a strong partnership across all divisions of the refinery.
- Serve as consultant on project structure and goals while ensuring activities are understood and progressed among the refinery work streams; provide change management support across all the BIP work streams.
- Accountable for ensuring improvements are sustained by utilizing expertise to drive progress and continuous improvement methodology.
- Support work streams with periodic presentations to the Whiting Leadership Team, reporting and tracking progress of improvement activities. Assist with following the Continuous Improvement (CI) process, while tracking outstanding actions and questions on requests for information. Explore requests to be made of the LT.
- Participate in BIP work stream steering and execution teams to ensure consistency across work streams, eliminate overlap, and drive consistent approaches.
- Brings forth and encourages others to provide innovative ideas that impact the improvement plan and ultimately the refineries performance.
- Support high quality communications on refinery strategy, initiatives and performance to refinery employees; looks to continuously improve existing communication channels.
- Ensure improvement activities are aligned with OMS and fully sustainable.
- Conduct analysis to track benefits to bottom line improvements.
- Deliver additional portions the BIP that may be assigned to the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business related field or equivalent experience
- 6 or more years of experience in manufacturing with experience in a refinery or chemical plant setting.
- Demonstrated drive to proactively and relentlessly enact positive change in a manufacturing site.
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing responsibilities, meeting tight deadlines and overcoming barriers to deliver success.
- Dynamic communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels throughout the various functional areas of the refinery.
- Intellectual curiosity to challenge the status quo and provide innovative ideas balanced with the ability to deliver tangible results.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and strong support of BP values and behaviours.