We are recruiting into all four of our Corporate groups in London. The roles will form part of our broad multispecialist Corporate practice and have a wide remit.
Associates will tend to work for partners in their own group, but may also work for partners in other groups to provide a breadth of experience not only in types of work, but also in the different working practices and approach of different partners.
Our corporate practice is divided into four groups with around 10 partners in each. As an associate with us, you will potentially work with any of the partners in your group and also those from elsewhere, giving you the opportunity to see a wide range of working styles and strategic approaches.
The groups all act for a broad range of clients and handle a variety of types of work rather than specialising in one small area. This leads to more regular client contact and greater involvement in clients’ broader business interests. You will therefore be in a position to build very strong client relationships from a very early stage of your career and to be involved in both the legal and commercial decision making at some of the largest commercial organisations in the world.
Role and responsibilities:
• Drafting, reviewing and amending the legal and commercial aspects of documentation
• Advising on the legal and commercial aspects of a wide range of Corporate and Commercial matters including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and outsourcing etc.
• Advising on the legal and commercial aspects of the full range of equity-related capital market transactions including initial public offerings and equity-related secondary issues and offering
• Ability to advise on the legal and commercial aspects of all private equity work including the establishment of private equity funds
• Providing efficient professional support for partners
• Developing professional relationships with clients
• Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
• Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees.
Key skills and attributes:
• Appropriate level of post-qualification experience (we anticipate approximately 2+ years) in a City, major regional or leading international firm.
• Broad exposure across a range of high value Commercial and Corporate transactions
• Previous experience of working on similar scale deals and with a significant level of responsibility is essential.
• Ability to draft, advise and negotiate in relation to complex transactions
• First rate legal/commercial knowledge
• Strong academic background (the equivalent of high 2.1 degree and AAB at A-level) and a demonstrable high level of intellectual analysis
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
• Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
• Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Experienced in running negotiations/meetings under minimal supervision
• High level of professionalism and integrity
Location: EC1Y 8YY
Salary and benefits package: Competitive
Closing date for all applications: 06/04/18
Please note that any offer of employment with the firm is subject to the firm receiving a satisfactory report in respect of the successful candidate from its third party screening and vetting agency.