BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The cost engineer is a temporary opportunity projected to run until March 2020. The temporary position is responsible for developing appropriate budgets and cash flow that is aligned with the project / turnaround schedule and monitors these through to close-out. Once budgets have been established; final forecast costs are developed and monitored on a regular basis. The cost engineer sets up and maintains the cost system and interfaces with BP Finance teams and contractors as appropriate. This role requires a broad understanding of the many business aspects of a project / turnaround, as well as technical knowledge of the scope and content. They also need to specifically understand the roles played by Finance, Procurement & Supply Chain Management (PSCM), Commercial and the rest of the project / turnaround management team, as they should interact regularly with these groups and others.
* Apply and ensure compliance with BP published process, practices, and the site-specific procedures.
* Utilize the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) / Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) to assign costs including management of work orders, monitor and update associated contractor & vendor PO values
* Utilize the fully integrated schedule and support validation of progress
* Ensure accurate reporting of Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) - review all charges for consistency and proper assignment, including review of contractors' invoices for accuracy and adherence with contracts, and manage monthly accruals
* Provide comprehensive and accurate cost reports, forecasts and cash flows, including appropriate level of analysis to ensure a "no surprise" approach
* Identify, analyze and respond to opportunities, risks, and uncertainties.
* Closely monitor performance against realistic targets to ensure that controls objectives and KPI's are met.
* Prepare final cost reports and work with required site resources to complete all closeout deliverables, including lessons learned exercises
Assignment Specific Accountabilities:
* Mange Non-cycle ending event budgeting and reporting
* Manage monthly contractor overhead and indirect allocations
* Provide timesheet data entry
* Prepare and present various Turnaround related cost and labor reports
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
* High School diploma plus at least 10 years of relevant cost engineering or data management / analysis experience
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant cost engineering or data management / analysis experience
* At least 3 years of relevant experience within the refining/manufacturing related industries
*Ability to collaboratively work in teams
* Effective communication skills, oral and written
* Excellent Microsoft Office product skills, especially Excel