Endeavor is seeking an Employment Counsel day to provide day advice on a broad range of employment matters including recruitment, employment contracts, consultation and disciplinary processes, performance management, corporate restructuring, redundancies, leaves of absence, litigation risks, statutory notice, severance and other regulatory obligations.
Applicants must be fully qualified in English Law with 5-7 years PQE. Strong knowledge and experience in a broad range of employment law areas in both contentious and non-contentious matters is essential.
- Supporting the business by providing commercially sound advice in a fast-paced environment on legal issues in relation to a variety of employment and pension issues across EMEA.
- Drive good business results from difficult ER situations by successfully managing ER issues, pre-dispute conflicts and assisting with managing employment-related litigation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business and HR teams throughout the EMEA region.
- Liaising with the business so that commercial, pragmatic and salient advice and guidance on business opportunities can be followed at all times.
- Develop, revise, and implement employment policies suitable for a commercial environment.
- Draft, review, analyse, and negotiate employment-related agreements, including staffing, consultancy, incentive, non-compete, volunteer, confidentiality and settlement agreements.
- Draft, review and assist with the implementation of global employment and compliance policies.
- Develop, implement and conduct training on employment policies and programs.
- Partner with representatives of other departments, including HR, on internal investigations.
- Manage projects across EMEA and work with in house and external counsel across the relevant jurisdictions.
- Pro-actively working with the legal team (London and International colleagues) to ensure that best practice and knowledge is understood, shared and utilised amongst the team.
- Supporting other colleagues in the legal team with researched points of law as and when required
- Counsel will be required to handle own caseload within the relevant practice areas whilst assisting other lawyers within the team as and when required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- English qualified lawyer who has worked in a commercial environment.
- Experience handling employment law matters in the UK - EMEA/multijurisdictional employment law experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in a broad range of employment law areas in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Experience in drafting employment documentation including policies and contracts.
- Employment law experience in a reputable law firm and in an in-house role preferably at a multinational company required.
- Experience with HR policy and procedure creation and implementation to reduce risk while meeting business requirements.
- A solid understanding of employment law issues.
- Practical, business-oriented approach to providing advice to internal clients on all employment law related matters and the ability to analyse complex situations and develop simple, concise, and effective legal solutions.
- Fully qualified Solicitor in English law.
- 5-7 years of PQE.
- This is a 12 - 15 month fixed term maternity cover role and will be based at Chiswick Business Park, London.
- Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Occasional travel to other offices in London such as New Oxford Street London and Stockley Business Park will be required.
- Occasionally there will be late calls to facilitate meetings and briefings due to the wider legal team based in the US.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.