- Providing advice, assistance and support to Ministers, HMA Washington, senior MOD and other Departmental staff on aspects of UK/US co-operation on defence acquisition, capability development and science & technology.
- Engagement with the US on behalf of the UK MOD on defence acquisition programmes, including ensuring progress on co-operative defence equipment programmes, Foreign Military Sales procurements and commercial contracts.
- Engaging with US authorities on all aspects of US technology security controls (including export licensing and other import/export approval processes) related to UK acquisitions and UK defence exports to third nations
- Supporting efforts by UK industry to secure defence business in the US and promote and assist US defence investment in UK.
- Overseeing all aspects of UK defence research, development, technology and evaluation engagement with the US.
- Acting a a member of the BDSUS Management Board and being a proactive leader within BDSUS and the wider British Embassy, Washington.
- Acting as a role model in leadership across the Ministry of Defence where we expect all of our senior leaders to be:
Inspiring about our work and its future
Confident in our engagement
Empowering our teams to deliver