* Services & Solutions is an internal global shared services organisation, responsible for delivering centralised and standardised people services for bp from a number of geographical delivery centres as appropriate for bp's footprint. Services & Solutions are the first point of contact for people related matters; the team are policy and process experts, dedicated to delivering the best employee experience.
* The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate payroll delivery including payroll preparation activities aligned to the various payroll calendars and in coordination with the outsourced service provider. It also provides payroll transactional and inquires' support.
* Prepares and monitors payroll data ensuring processes and data are in place for payroll processing per local country requirements and regulations.
* Works in coordination with the outsourced service provider(s) to ensure build to gross data is prepared and submitted in line with agreed payroll calendars, reviews pre -payroll run data and verification, and provides final sign off to vendor prior to final payroll runs to employees.
* Participate on start of year and end of year payroll activities.
* Supports audits and regulatory requests for payroll data and responds to and processes requests for changes to Payroll data.
* Monitors payroll input data quality (e.g. rewards, performance, time and attendance etc.) and process payroll impacts.
* Provides subject matter knowledge in payroll processes and end to end payroll delivery for their country.
* Identify, raise and apply continuous improvements to area of expertise.
* Support projects related to system releases, local policies and processes changes, and local continuous improvements initiatives.
* Support, as requested, Finance, Tax and Payroll teams on policy changes, state regulations documentation and company initiatives.
* Highschool Diploma or equivalent education.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
Actively working to develop capability in line with P&C capability framework, with an equal blend of EQ, IQ and drive.
* Demonstrated ability to administer P&C systems and processes efficiently and effectively, for payroll area / process, including the understanding of legal, fiscal and regulatory requirements.
* Deep knowledge of Payroll systems.
* Digital fluency
* Numeracy & analytical thinking
* Proficient in using MS Office/Office365 application.
* Risk Management
* Solutions focus
* Relationship management
* Business acumen & customer focus
Leadership & EQ Capability
* Proven ability to skilfully navigate a tiered support model.
* Able to provide a level of support to bp employees who have restricted access to service channels due to technology or language limitations.
* Knows when to seek support from other subject matter experts.
* Is continually enhancing self-awareness and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness.
* Applies judgment and common sense - able to use insight and good judgement to inform actions taken and ensure solutions are pragmatic.
* Acts with integrity; living and breathing the bp values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team in every interaction.
* Knowledge of hire to retire end to end processes.
* Knowledge of CRM systems, including Salesforce.
* Proficient in using MS Office and Teams.
* Proficiency in using payroll systems such as ADP Global View.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement