Curriculum Specialist - Math/Science (Remote)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This position location is Wisconsin or Minnesota (will work remote).
Pearson's K-12 Curriculum Sales Specialist is an:
- Education specialist with deep K-12 knowledge in assigned content area is mathematics and Science.
- Sales representative for the assigned region(s) with the goal of driving and meeting revenue targets
- Expert in the delivery of sales and introductory product orientation in-service for print, digital and blended programs who will partner with other specialists and share responsibilities in the assigned region(s)
- A self-starter with a passion for K-12 education and the ability to drive educators (at all levels) to make sound decisions regarding learning outcome choices for students and teachers
- Expert on national education standards, current education pedagogy and market trends
- Facile communicator with the skills to relate to all levels of state, regional or district K-12 employees from superintendent, administrator, teacher to para-professional
The Curriculum Sales Specialist will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the achievement of revenue targets as a team in the assigned sales region(s)
- Delivering winning presentations for each sales cycle to include the six customer touch points: (1) exhibits and conferences (2) pre-work and issue setting workshops (3) meetings and campaigns (4) pilots (5) sales presentations and (6) program activation
- Developing relationships with key K-12 decision makers within the market segment
- Providing customer feedback to sales, product and marketing teams
- Maintaining content level expertise through the Pearson certification process and agreed upon materials
- Delivering Product Activation trainings for new and on-going customer accounts
- Providing professional development or in-service workshops at conferences
- Having a deep understanding and knowledge of Pearson’s print and digital solutions
- Collaborating with internal Pearson teams including sales, services and product management
- Maintaining positive on-going relationships with the customer during the sales cycle and after activation to provide support or re-direction to appropriate Pearson teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
The K-12 Sales Specialist will work in partnership with Curriculum Sales Specialist Managers and Account General Managers throughout the region(s) as a content specialist supporting the sales process from prospecting to close for Pearson products, services and solutions respective to the portfolio in assigned markets. To make this happen, the Sales Specialist will enjoy the opportunity to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with school state, regional or district decision makers in the assigned region(s) and share expertise in Pearson’s offerings, pedagogy and the competitive environment. The Sales Specialist will partner directly with the Market Sales Teams and product management to advance Pearson products, services and solutions in the assigned market. Following the sales cycle the sales specialist is responsible for post-sales support and activation.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of K-12 education experience to include classroom teaching experience
- BS or BA, Masters Degree preferred
- Specialty training or advanced certification is preferred
- Expert knowledge of education theory and market trends in assigned content areas - mathematics and science.
- Knowledge of competitive landscape preferred
- Deep knowledge and passion for learning in K-12 education
- Demonstrated ability to deliver winning presentations in large and small groups
- Experience in networking with district administrators and decision makers
- Previous experience in selling and servicing in the education market is desirable
- Experience in public speaking and creating engaging presentations for teachers, parents, district administrators, superintendents, or adoption committees
Demonstration of strong abilities with technology skills including abilities to use all presentation software and hardware (PC or Mac, including whiteboard technology and 1:1 devices) to develop and deliver multimedia presentations.
- Regional travel is possible; requests are sometimes made with short notice
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Monitoring and controlling timekeeping and expenses in accordance with Pearson Travel and Entertainment policies
- Collaboration with team members and all departments including sales, services, and operations to escalate and address customer satisfaction issues in order to ensure customer success
- Self-starter. Can at times be responsible for self-directed training and preparedness
- Ability to have pointed conversations with school districts in the area of K-12 literacy, math, science, humanities or intervention
- Understanding sales campaign strategy, market trends and the full continuum of Pearson services to better understand the customer and audience
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-Minnesota
Other Locations US-Wisconsin
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 29, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806740
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled