Customer Service Representative
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Customer Service Department is seeking a temporary Customer Service Representative position based in Don Mills office.
- Manage all customer contacts within established procedures and performance standards.
- Formally respond to customer contacts and inquiries via multiple channels such as phone, email or fax..
- Process customer orders, debits, credits, quotes, samples according to established procedures.
- Manage customer information needs and proactively provide information to appropriate internal departments when information is not available, incorrect or outside established norms.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customers complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure a resolution.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the products, policies, and marketing strategies of the supported business unit(s)
- Meet individual quality service goals while appropriately prioritizing workload to meet individual targets and set standards.
- Administrative duties and assignments/projects as assigned.
- University of College degree preferred - High School diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Customer Service role.
- Oracle/Salesforce experience beneficial
- Proficient with computers and technology coupled with working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise effectively with customers and team members.
- Required to have high level of understanding of department policies and procedures in addition to an ongoing display of strong decision-making and priority-setting skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technology systems.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Able to work independently and efficiently.
- Team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional attitude with a willingness to learn.
Pearson Canada is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Primary Location: CA-ON-North York
Work Locations: CA-Don Mills-26 Prince Andrew 26 Prince Andrew Place Don Mills North York M3C 2H4
Job: Customer Service
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2018
Job Unposting: Apr 30, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1805753
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.