They will have oversight of all projects that they lead on, reviewing progress and implementing the next steps to move them forward. A key part of the role will be working with internal and external partners, across government and industry. They will seek to continuously improve cyber investigation capability and ensure the NCCU keeps pace with new and developing threats.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will use technology to directly contribute to the disruption of serious and organised criminals. These roles are core to the delivery of NCCU and wider NCA operations. In addition, you would be joining an organisation that offers employees access to a range of learning and professional development opportunities.
NCA welcomes applications from individuals with a range of neurodivergent thinking styles and from those who may require reasonable adjustments.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a passion and expertise for one or more of the following listed fields – Software Development, Data Science, Research & Development and Infrastructure Engineering.
It will be beneficial if you have experience of leading a technical team in the delivery of key operational objectives. Such knowledge, passion and expertise will be used to deliver Law Enforcement disruptive impact to criminals through online activities and technical solutions.
• Will take the lead role in providing tactical support during critical incidents and crimes using technical solutions and will lead a diverse team of technical engineers
• You will be motivated and interested in Cyber-crime and will be required to conduct research in order to develop your own knowledge and expertise of new and evolving crime threats and approaches in Cyber related criminality
• You will have oversight and monitor all projects that you lead on, reviewing progress and implementing the next steps to move them forward
• You will be responsible for the line management responsibilities of others; this will include assisting them with their continued professional development, amongst other duties
• You will take a lead role in working with internal and external (including oversees) partners, across government and industry to seek to continuously improve cyber investigation capability, ensuring the NCCU keeps pace with the new and developing threats
• Comfortable with building relationships, you will take a lead role in the development of working relationships with colleagues across the NCA’s technical community to develop skills and cross-functional working
• Your role, at times, may require you to work on the highest level of Serious and Organised cyber-crime.