We aim to provide best in class digital technology services across our IT landscape. By working together with our partners, customers, our people and the wider community, we are focused on improving the quality of delivery across our services and providing effective support for our applications and systems.
We put our customers at the heart of what we do, helping to identify and deliver the best services for their needs.
We provide key services including:
• Business Relationship Management
• Service Architecture
• Cyber Security & Information Governance
• Application Services
• Service Governance
Our Cyber Security Team provides a dedicated security service for our new digital and technology function, ensuring that the Insolvency Service can fully support DTS colleagues, the new delivery model, and provide security advice and support across the agency.
We are looking for a cyber security professional who can display the following behaviours, knowledge and or experience:
• A confident, credible and influential communicator with internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to take a strategic view and maintain sight of the bigger picture.
• A logical and creative approach to problem solving with an ability to identify critical issues with ease.
•The ability to inspire and influence others with integrity and trust; allowing you to contribute to a team by generating enthusiasm and confidence among others. An ability to build and maintain positive business relationships with a wide range of people.
• A self-motivated and proactive thinker
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of Cyber Security across the Service Portfolio, from an Application Architecture, Cloud and Infrastructure perspective.
• Knowledge of Cloud based systems, i.e. Azure, AWS, Microsoft 365 and associated technologies.
• Understands the technical aspects of IT Security and related concepts to engage with security technologists.
• Practised in the assurance of secure system architectures through the application of patterns and principles, identifying potential vulnerabilities and risks in the Enterprise Architecture.
• Collaboration with business and technology stakeholders in a language that is appropriate to the audience to elicit and evaluate the security implications of business change.
• Identifies and explores opportunities for service and business improvement ensuring the organisation derives maximum reasonable value whilst also maintaining compliance.
• Appreciation of commercial aspects of service delivery and decommissioning.
• Understanding of current ITIL Service Management practices and methodologies.
• Ensures that a set of IT products and Service Providers come together to deliver a secure IT service.
• Capable of making disciplined decisions based on available information through the application of logical thinking and analysis of information.
• Able to apply reasonable risk mitigation within technological, organisational and financial constraints.
• Experience of conducting supplier assurance activities (formerly accreditation)
•Experience of working in a multi-site delivery organisation with a professional IT services environment and complex and challenging IT.
• Worked within professional programme/project management environments.
• Collaborative working with suppliers, partners and end-users at all levels.
• Combining organisational processes and technological services to deliver service solutions in a substantive business.
Whilst we are currently working remotely, and expect this to continue for some time, the team are based at Cannon House in Birmingham and therefore travel to this office will be required occasionally and if required to other Insolvency Service offices.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for;
• The secure operation and continuous improvement of the service, ensuring processes are adhered to.
• Supporting the Head and Deputy Head of Cyber Security as required and other tasks commensurate with the post.
•Receiving and evaluating security information, metrics and measurements; interpreting and overseeing the response to security events, producing required internal reports.
•Steering the development of proposals, including assessment, in alignment with the strategic direction to ensure compliance with current policy, practice and guidelines.
• Acting as an escalation and evaluation point for suppliers within SIAM Ecosystem.
• Overseeing the IT Security landscape and obligations for the Agency and advise the Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) on risks and mitigating actions.
• Governing the IT Security landscape across the SIAM Ecosystem to ensure compliance, availability and the protection of Agency assets.
• Coordinating regular and ad-hoc security testing exercises.
• Collaborating with Business Relationship Management colleagues to inform, educate and advise business stakeholders.
• Balancing objectives and manage dependencies of varying complexity as priorities change.
• Maintaining the community of practice for this role, building capability and excellence and championing across government and in industry.