To be successful in this role you will have good data analysis skills combined with areas of deeper knowledge of analytical approaches, and strong stakeholder and consultative skills.
You will also have an understanding of relevant legislation and intelligence practices.
• Ensure investigations, prevention and analytical initiatives are carried out thoroughly, professionally and expeditiously in accordance with Agency policy and legislative requirements.
• Manage the manipulation of large complex data sets using advanced IT packages to produce reliable and accurate analysis in accordance with national statistics criteria.
• Responsibility for the integrity of data and the development of key datasets, working closely with stakeholders to extract, manipulate and present data in relation to performance, research and tactical operations.
• Supervise the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and a duty of care in line with Agency policy.
• Assess departmental policies, working practices and where appropriate identify areas for improvement in line with best practice.
• Manage the security and accuracy of intelligence, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and duty of care.
• Promote professional standards and provide advice, support and develop management reports in relation to criminal and misconduct allegations that impact on organisational delivery or the Agency’s reputation.
• Manage/coach staff and develop staff in new ways of working with data.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***