Key responsibilities include:
• Provide specialist technical and data expertise to the Chief Architect, other members of the architecture team, and the wider NCA; leading on data technologies, ETL, data integration, data enrichment, and data modelling.
• Provide data architecture leadership, including the creation and maintenance of the corporate data model.
• Define and maintain enterprise wide data standards, practices, and design patterns, ensuring these align with the enterprise architectural plan HMG strategies, policies, standards and industry good practise.
• Create and maintain a roadmap for data and technology and ensure these align with strategic direction.
• Lead the design (or assurance) of the data aspects of solutions and applications, including data structures, databases, file systems, schemas and metadata.
• Establish and embed standards for data quality and its measurement.
• Assure compliance with data architectures, standards, practices, making recommendations to higher design authorities as needed.
• Lead workshops and similar consultations with users and others to identify user needs and how users consume and categorise content.
• Look across the agency and externally to identify and learn from data and information architecture developments and trends.