Data Delivery Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
As aDelivery Manageron the Data, Integrations team, you will leverage our data assets to enable analytics and operational solutions for the entire organization. You’ll work on a team of engaged individuals that are passionate about data, project management and leveraging new technology to help the organization grow and innovate.Resources would be managing, leading the development, testing and implementation of Enterprise Data Warehouse in cloud environment. Expected to mentor, coach members of the team.
The IT Delivery Manager is responsible for agile project management and team leadership to plan and execute projects and project sprints that deliver technology solutions to the business on-time, correct and complete. As the IT Delivery Manager, you will:
- Provide leadership in the development, alignment and delivery of strategic and tactical technology solutions that support the business.
- Coordinate, plan and manage efforts to support and enhance the current delivery process and implement new project initiatives.
- Deliver technology solutions on-time and complete through agile sprints that meet the expectations of the business and the standards of the
Facilitate and drive the activities associated with planning and executing the delivery of technology solutions (i.e. stakeholder planning meetings, scrum meetings, etc.)
- Deliver projects and project sprints using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Manage resources effectively and provide ongoing and formal performance measurement, salary administration, coaching, employee development and training to meet operational goals and objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects, using common project management techniques and meeting stated deadlines.
- Work with Program Management team to gain funding and write justifications. Provide input in the fiscal planning process
- Continually learn, grow and develop as an individual and as a team.
- Work with cross program teams to track the inter project dependencies and call out risks / issues that will hinder the delivery timelines of the project.
- Collaborate and contributes to the development of data marts, systems, and technical capabilities based on long range business plans and vision.
- Regularly engages with the data community and participates in cross-functional working groups.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and drive towards the delivery date.
- Work with data architects and enterprise Architects to build technology roadmaps and nextgen data solutions.
- Establish aggressive goals and drive for the results related to team performance metrics
Acquire, coordinate and manage full time, part time and project based IT resources to most effectively meet service level, project and career progression requirements.
- Coordinates activities between multiple timezones (on-shore and offshore).
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- 5 years of full project lifecycle experience including planning and estimating, functional and technical specification creation, development, testing, implementation, documentation and transition to support.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects/teams and ensure objectives, goals and commitments are met
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- High aptitude for understanding and the ability to understand end business processes
Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to understand strategic and business objectives and how they might impact business process design and functional requirements
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) concepts and methodology and/or package implementation methodologies
- Extremely strong in business communication and stakeholder management.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
Agile Project Management tools such as JIRA, Rally or equivalent
Microsoft Project, Visio and all Office Tools.
Well qualified candidates will possess many of the following characteristics:
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and Bachelors’ degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to peers and senior team members.
- Ability to establish and build relationships with business organization.
- Experience working & managing modern data technologies.
- Familiar with Design and Delivery thinking.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-NC-Morrisville
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 5, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1716279