The NCA’s mission is to protect the public and to lead the UK’s fight against serious and organised crime (SOC). By joining us in NDEC (National Data Exploitation Capability), you are not only joining a key component of the NCA’s Operations - Intelligence Command, but are also joining part of the UK’s national security capabilities focused on tackling the greatest threats to the UK population and interests through the use of data exploitation and data science. This is an area that has grown significantly in recent years and will continue to grow as we adapt and respond to the ever-increasing expansion of technology and data in our personal and commercial lives.
NDEC are, and will be, at the heart of this response and you will be joining a team of dedicated and diverse professionals who are all committed to making NDEC and the NCA a success.
What are we looking for?
• Knowledge of efficient and effective ways of using data engineering to tackle business and organisational challenges.
• Skills in applying data engineering techniques to present challenges and an ability to communicate through data visualisation techniques and other methods.
• Strong stakeholder management and consultative skills.
• Experience managing, coaching and mentoring technical team members and/or a professional interest in developing management skills.
• An understanding of ethical considerations of potential data engineering approaches, and the legislation applicable in this area.