The first service you join will be introducing a new platform for developing and delivering the Online Tests and Assessments Platform for recruitment. Psychometric tests have been used to great success recently with over 300,000 tests completed in the past year, reducing sifting costs and shortening recruitment times. These tests were procured “off-the-shelf” which limited our ability to expand and develop.
The next stage, which you’ll be joining, is to bring test creation in-house. We’re procuring a specialised software-as-a-service (SaaS) for creating complex tests which needs to be delivered so we can develop, assemble and deliver tests. By improving the quality and breadth of our tests we expect to grow rapidly to meet the rapidly expanding demand across government. It’s an ambitious plan that stands to transform how the Civil Service recruits so you’ll be at the centre of delivery from the beginning.
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of experts from both Digital & Analysis and Government Recruitment Service (GRS). Day to day you’ll see very close collaboration including the product manager, service owner, occupational psychologists, user researcher, psychometricians, content designer, and interaction designer. You’ll also work closely with the Recruitment Platform for Government (RPG) team and supplier to align teams to common goals.
- Enable teams to create and run outstanding user-centred digital services using appropriate agile principles and methodologies in line with the GOV.UK service standard.
- Learn from and iterate approaches frequently, to ensure the team can and do deliver in the most effective and efficient way possible.
- Proactively address team dynamics and issues as they arise and remove impediments/blockers so the team can work smoothly.
- Work with the team and product owner to define a value and user-driven roadmap for the product and translate this into actionable user stories and sprint plans.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - working with the team to prioritise work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team and any fixed dates.
- Build trust in delivery and demonstrate credibility with users and stakeholders; tracking and forecasting delivery, identifying any surfacing risks and issues early and representing this at governance boards when required.
- Challenge the team to identify assumptions and risks, and proactively plan to address these throughout delivery.
- Establish appropriate ongoing live service arrangements for the products that are in place.
- Proactively address organisational impediments impacting delivery across multiple teams and contribute to the continuous improvement of the organisation as a whole, sometimes taking on additional leadership responsibilities to support this.
- Where necessary procure and manage 3rd parties to deliver specialist IT services ensuring ongoing value for money through effective supplier management techniques.