The postholder will provide a comprehensive professional service to the staff and students of the Department of Mathematics. They will manage the Department’s website and social media presence and lead on communications initiatives. They will contribute to the Department’s events programmes, including alumni events, academic conferences and seminars. They will support the Programme Managers in enhancing students’ experience in the Department from admission to graduation, in particular at assessment times. They will service the Department’s Teaching Committee and associated working groups and reviews.
Applicants should have:
· Demonstrable experience of working in an academic or similar environment in an administrative capacity.
· Excellent IT skills including experience of using social media and editing images for publication.
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
· Proven ability to plan, prioritise and systematically manage a demanding and varied workload.
· Self-motivation and the proven ability to be proactive and manage tasks with a minimum of supervision.
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities. LSE is a family-friendly employer.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description and the person specification.
To apply for this post, please go to www.lse.ac.uk/LSEJobs. If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22nd April 2018 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.