HMCTS are looking to recruit a strong leader in an operational delivery role with senior leadership responsibility for Governance, Resourcing (including recruitment and Talent Management), Commissioning and Assurance.
Your team are a key function, responsible for the management of the Reform Programme’s governance arrangements (including reporting and secretariat), designing and delivering the assurance strategy, providing a high performing portfolio resourcing, recruitment and capability function and overseeing all commissioning activity within the Reform Programme.
As above, your role will encompass senior leadership across 3 key areas:
Recruitment, Resourcing and Capability.
Assurance and Governance.
- Leading, managing and delivering change, transformation and continuous improvement across Governance, Recruitment, Resourcing, Assurance, Capability and Commissioning.
- Effective delivery of team objectives through effective management, coaching and development of staff.
- Ensuring strong value from large budgets, including overseeing the Delivery Partner (£30,000,000).
- Overseeing the Commissioning of projects, running to tens of millions of pounds and ensuring they deliver best value.
- Work with the Reform Programme and other SCS colleagues to ensure that the Programme is making efficient use of resources whilst supporting effective teaching and learning.
- Work with the Capability Team to turn business learning needs into specific solutions.
- Working with direct reports, ensure the Commissioning Strategy across all workstreams and projects is being delivered, making sure that the process is being followed to identify and develop requirements and that procurement timescales enable delivery on time and to budget.
- Develop strong working relations with MOJ/HMCTS Commercial, People Group, Legal and Finance.
- Working with MOJ Assurance and IPA, to ensure that the Assurance Strategy is fit for purpose and implementable
- Working with MOJ People Group to ensure organisational alignment and effective delivery of the resourcing strategy.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all key internal and external programme stakeholders, including the judiciary, Ministry of Justice, Cabinet Office (MPA, Government Digital Service and others as required) and HM Treasury.
It is essential that the candidate has the following skills and experience:
- Experience of building role communities and professions and managing Resourcing People Profiles.
- Previous experience of overseeing a large resourcing and recruitment function.
- Experience of managing financial commitments in excess of £20m.
- Experience of creating L&D strategies to grow in house capabilities and build talent and change working practices, to also include apprentices.
- Experience of working within a commercial environment on large complex Programmes with evidence and knowledge of working with various commercials models.
- Evidence of strong commercial project management experience in a strategic, high profile environment with experience of creating and delivering commercial strategies.
- Experience of working on an Agile Delivery Project or Programme - Agile Certified Practitioner and/or Prince 2 Practitioner is an advantage, as is MCIPS, CIPD.
Please see attached candidate information pack for further information.