You’ll also lead the delivery of the CCG communications agenda, in support of CCG’s compliance and customer service objectives and HMRC’s reputation.
- Provide CCG’s Director General, Directors and senior management teams with strategic communications, reputation and engagement advice as well as providing challenge where necessary.
- Play a full part as a member of the CCG Senior Leadership Team (SLT), contributing with influence and impact to CCG leadership discussions and decision-making beyond communications.
- Play a full part as a member of the HMRC Communications SLT, taking responsibility for HMRC-wide initiatives and projects.
- Scan and interpret a complex internal and external landscape to identify reputational risks from policy and operations, and work closely with senior stakeholders to manage and mitigate these risks.
- Manage communications with external media on high-profile avoidance interventions with responsibility for managing HMRC’s reputation on compliance work.
- Use behavioural insight to develop effective compliance communications as part of the ‘Promote’ and ‘Prevent’ strands of the PPR compliance strategy – improving compliance and supporting customer service.
- Oversee and quality-assure the most reputation-critical and impactful CCG communications, including narratives.
- Lead and manage a team of communications professionals, ensuring the team has the capacity, capability and motivation to deliver against its objectives, and with proactive recruitment, retention and succession planning for key roles.
As a senior leader, you will play a key role in leadership, facilitating change and enhancing the employee experience.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and leading communications teams in order to deliver excellent impact and outcomes and a proven ability to develop and empowered, engaged, inclusive and confident high performing team.
Communicating and influencing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write and edit internal and external narratives, speeches and lines to take and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at a senior level, within the department as well as across government.
- The ability to collaborate effectively and collegiately as a member of two leadership teams. Resilience and ability to challenge the status quo, and to being challenged.
Specialist knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience of delivering engaging external campaigns and communications as a confident and proactive communications professional with strong media skills and judgement.
- Experience of developing the employee voice in order to drive internal communication strategies that increase staff involvement and engagement
- Recognised strategic communications qualification or training are desirable