Birmingham or Leeds based.
Swindon, Manchester, Norwich, Bristol & Nottingham locations will also be
considered. Relocation costs will not be reimbursed.
Frequent travel to London will be expected.
The post holder will be directly accountable for:
- Engaging with key stakeholders to secure the commitment of departments and Arms Length Bodies to joining the hubs (including financial commitments at senior level).
- Effective sequencing and prioritisation of estate moves and reductions, working closely with other colleagues in the GPA and Office Government Property.
- Building strong relationships with senior leaders across government and externally within the property market.
- Delivering estate transformation and driving the development of the most appropriate programme/project within budget to realise savings and drive change.
- Building and maintaining strong collegiate relationships with other Directorates within the GPA.
- Securing value for money from third party suppliers of goods and services.
- Managing a team, by setting clear, strategic, direction and plans for a geographically dispersed team.
Specific experience and expertise required:
- Holds a recognised property qualification such as RICS - (technical).
- Has the experience of driving and embedding transformational property programmes, including influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders - (experience).
- Has experience of developing excellent collaborative relationships, including at the most senior level and demonstrate ability to engage with multiple stakeholders to deliver customer focused solutions (experience).
- Has the ability to think and act strategically across different delivery areas, setting direction and communicating with clarity to deliver.
- Provides strong customer relationship insight to enable delivery of customer focused solutions and the ability to support customers through change.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into practical client-focused outcomes.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace