Reporting to the Director, the Service Delivery Deputy Director will play a lead role in working with our shared service provider and departments in reviewing and managing the HR and Finance operational services.
Having successfully migrated 15 departments onto a single operating platform, we are now working with our supplier and departments to maximise the benefits that we can achieve from our shared service arrangement.
As a senior leader within Cabinet Office and GSS, you will be expected to play a full role in the overall leadership of the department, including building strong working partnerships with other parts of Cabinet Office.
You will lead the Service and Performance Management team by working collaboratively at all levels across Whitehall which is an essential part of this job. You will also be responsible for shaping your team in the early stages of the role.
Supported by a team of 7, the key deliverables will be:
- Building a culture of continued improvement, working with departments and our service provider to deliver an excellent service to HR and Finance professionals and to end users across the whole of the customer base;
- Embedding improved performance reporting, analysis and issue resolution processes;
- Conduct a review of the client relationship management arrangements to further strengthen our responsiveness to customer needs;
- Leading on the provision of a structured approach to driving and measuring tangible operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction for shared services clients;
- Providing operational and strategic insight to support the Delivery and other directors within GSS; and,
- Working closely with departments, Met Police Services, SSCL, commercial advisors and IT advisors, the post holder will be the Chair of the Service Management Board, which plays an essential role in management of service delivery.
What we are looking for:
- Leadership presence, effectiveness and credibility to operate at the most senior levels within and across organisational boundaries;
- Ability to lead and manage a complex strategic agenda, whilst building and maintaining effective relationships with very senior stakeholders;
- Change leadership, able to operate at pace in a fast changing complex environment to manage competing priorities effectively;
- Data analysis, to ensure complex data is used effectively and presented clearly to help departments and service providers to understand performance issues and drive effective resolutions;
- Good analytical skills and ability to present complex information clearly;
- Working across organisational boundaries, influencing colleagues to support delivery of objectives; and,
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, setting the direction of travel, building and sustaining engagement and encouraging colleagues to deliver sustainable high quality products.
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within a sizeable operational or service delivery business unit;
- Be able to demonstrate project management disciplines or a structured approach to delivery;
- Previous experience of managing senior stakeholders in challenging environments; and,
- Team leadership.