Job DescriptionClosing date:
January 2018Contract type:
HMRC has various different groups within the organisation, the one in which we are recruiting for is called CDIO (Chief Digital Information Officer Group); this is the digital part of HMRC which has a number of different Delivery Groups within, all performing different functions but operating towards the same goal – of completing our Digital transformation.
This vacancy is within our Core Business Platform Delivery Group. As an organisation we are behind tax and benefit services for 45 million individual and 4.9 million business customers, we are undergoing a major transformation programme which includes a £200 million investment in digitisation, we are agile and we are building a team of outstanding people who will create and run these new and improved technology services.
The Delivery Group is accountable for all the development, testing, implementation and live running of all the services. These services support some of the critical business processes within HMRC. We will be transforming our systems and services to support HMRC Digital Agenda providing more opportunities for improved customer journeys and internal users to work with appropriate technologies. The transformation will enable a key HMRC driver to improve achievement of business objectives and targets as well as streamline processes.
We are at the forefront of transforming our services by becoming increasingly digital, enabling customers to do more for themselves on line, in real time. But with that comes the challenges of being a big, established organisation dealing with the staggering changes brought by digital technology. We are designing products and services making it as simple as possible for our customers to use. Our move to digital services and the way we use customer data, and data sent to us by other organisations, is critical. This is a new role which will be an exciting challenge for those looking to deliver technological change against a background of organisational transformation, working for an ambitious organisation, with the opportunity to make a difference not just to government, by delivering new ways of working, but ultimately to make a difference to our customers as well.
The Design and Development Team is accountable for the quality design of the IT requirements based upon business needs and ensuring what is delivered accurately reflects customer need. Identifying and supporting test requirements and provision of system knowledge and test assurance activity. Responsibilities include:
Elicit and refine Business Requirements and translate into supplier consumable artefacts.
- Gather, document and help verify information relating to business analysis and requirements activities
- Apply appropriate analysis techniques to support the business in articulating requirements
- Lead and support meetings/workshops with IT suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Ensure VFM in all aspects of the requirement delivery
- Analyse, validate and provide direction on IT requirements – ensuring they remain within scope
- Provide system knowledge and functional expertise to stakeholders
- Identifying, documenting and mitigating risks and issues, escalating where appropriate
- Role Model HMRC’s values, displaying professional behaviours
- Work within different delivery methodologies including Agile/Scrum/Waterfall
- Support the transformation of HMRC systems into the new strategic platforms
Some travel will be required which may result in overnight stays being necessary.
Please demonstrate how you meet the following essential (and if applicable) desirable skills Essential:
• Be flexible and adaptable, able to work at pace
• Be an excellent communicator, both in person and in writing
• Be able to collaborate across teams and departmental boundaries
• Proven experience in an IT environment or relevant transferable skills
• Experience managing external and internal stakeholders Desirable:
• BCS Diploma
• Experience supporting IT Transformation
• Experience of planning or implementing change
• Experience of working with or alongside stakeholders to optimise Government IT services
• Have an understanding of the government’s digital transformation agenda
For further information and to apply, either apply to this post and a recruiter will be in touch should you pass the initial sift or visit the Civil Service Jobs website.