We are a leading European intellectual property firm, acting for many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Our specialist teams are led by practitioners who have been at the forefront of the industry for years, acting in landmark cases before the EPO and the national courts of Europe.
We hire talented and passionate people who think creatively and enjoy a challenge. Working collaboratively, we share our knowledge and experience across teams, actively learning from each other in a friendly and sociable environment.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diversity of thought is vital to our business; it’s how we approach challenges differently and offer our clients creative and original solutions. Through our work with organisations such as IP Inclusive, Stonewall and Business in the Community via the Race at Work Charter, we are putting the right steps in place to make sure that all our people feel supported and empowered to be themselves. Further information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion is available on our website.
A healthy work/life balance is very important to us and we run regular wellbeing events in addition to the large number of clubs and social activities that are available to everyone at the firm. We are also enthusiastic supporters of our local community through partnerships with the Social Mobility Foundation and Holborn Community Association.
What you can expect as our Desktop Support Engineer (Level 2)
Responsible for day to day maintenance of deskside systems, ensuring their continued stability and availability through proactive improvements and maintenance. Dealing with 1st & 2nd line support queries while acting as the escalation point for other team members and as required engaged with other support teams to identify and resolve issues.
Providing technical leadership and guidance to other team members, developing other engineers within the team through mentoring and leading by example. Bridging the gap between 2nd and 3rd technical teams to ensure issues (including reoccurring issues) are progressed and resolved promptly.
Must proactively ensure that all staff receive exceptional customer service and that support is performed with minimal business impact to the customer involved. Identifying and resolving reoccurring issues. Leading the deployment of key technologies as well as being actively involved in projects as required and supporting the Service Desk Team Leader in implementing a process of continual improvement.
• Escalation point for all IT support queries
• Dealing with incidents and service requests to agreed SLA’s
• Ensuring tickets and help centre articles within the ITSM tool are kept up to date
• Ensuring customers are kept up to date with progress of their call
• PC and laptop builds and other IT equipment moves around the building
• Printer and photocopier maintenance throughout firm (including replacement of consumables)
• Configuration and maintenance of mobile devices
• Escalating calls to 3rd line specialist teams whenever necessary
• Acting as the primary contact for all IT aspects of C&R hosted events
• Event support (meeting room setups, daily checks and IT support of meetings and conferences)
• Perform hands-on tasks, e.g. installing, configuring and upgrading software, installing hardware, PC deployment and setting up mobile devices
• Configuring and supporting meeting room IT and Audio Visual kit, including teleconferencing facilities and Webinar support
• System administration e.g. creation of user accounts, deleting leaver accounts etc.
• Supporting the supplier management process to drive value from strategic partners
• Providing cover for and assistance to other members of the Technology department as required
• Project work within the Technology department as required
Key Skills & Qualifications
• Windows Desktop OS
• Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Exchange administration (Desirable but non-essential)
• Microsoft Office packages
• Adobe Suite including Acrobat
• Direct Access
• Mobile device support
• Printer/copier HW/SW
• PC/Laptop HW
• Installation and maintenance of new hardware and software
• Online Meeting Platforms
• Bitlocker encryption
• ITIL V3
• ZenDesk (Desirable but non-essential)
• Delivering excellent customer service
• Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical staff
• Ability to adapt technical communication style
• A can-do and proactive attitude to problem solving
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
• Excellent communication skills and team working skills
• Ability to learn and retain new information
• Up to date with new technologies and trends
• Experience in a professional environment such as legal firms, Finance or professional services
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide focused support to the Partnership.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where individual differences are celebrated, and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We do not tolerate discrimination either directly or indirectly on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, pregnancy and maternity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our approach is embodied in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, as well as our diversity and inclusion programmes.