Digital Manufacturing Specialist
Circa £43,000 plus potential bonus + fantastic benefits
This is a full time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We have a brand-new role at our Nestlé Beverage, Manufacturing site in Tutbury, Derbyshire. We are looking for a Digital Manufacturing Specialist to join our team to help accelerate digital solutions across the site, focusing mainly with in our Spray Dried and Freeze Dried manufacturing departments.
Nestlé Tutbury Factory in Staffordshire is one of the largest Nestlé factories in Europe after a £250 million investment over the last few years. The factory produces several of the most well-known Nescafé products in the world through freeze-dried, spray dried and pod coffee production technologies and is at the forefront of coffee production globally.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
Reporting into the Area Manager, you will be responsible to accelerate the adoption of the digital solutions, driving operational optimisation of the plant.
Other key responsibilities are:
• Acting as a process citizen data scientist.
• Be the factory's Connected Factory primary point of contact, able to train and coach the factory team on any digital solution.
• Experiments, deploys and leverages the digital solutions, being a team player together with CTAG/TCU digital manufacturing team.
• Supports all factory departments, leading by example on the usage of the digital tools and providing solutions to the factory needs.
• Supports the manufacturing team with the troubleshooting of key process issues.
• Ensures that the digital solutions are providing the right insights to the right people and ensures that they are delivering the expected value
• Collaborate with other teams (IT, Automation, IP,) to ensure the data accessibility, quality and integration into operational reviews and standards
What will make you successful?
To be successful in this key role we expect you to ideally have experience working in a Manufacturing environment or significant experience in process engineering (FMCG, chemical, oil & gas or similar industry)and have strong service orientation amongst internal stakeholders with lots of proactive initiative and attention to detail.
Other key attributes are:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a STEM subject.
• Experience and knowledge in process engineering is essential.
• Experience in data manipulation, visualisation, analysis, storytelling is a must.
• Experience working with Allen Bradley PLC, SQL and Wonderware HMI Experience would be preferred.
• Experience coaching, challenging and Competency building with a team of varied stakeholders.
• Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset and passion for new technologies
• Strong computer skills is essential, programming experience is a plus
• Understand data science main concepts (stats, predictive models, etc)
• Can adapt, learn fast and willing to work in an agile, fast moving environment
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 12th May 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. We have assessed this role and it would be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. Financial support could be available from Nestlé to assist with the immigration fees associated with the Skilled Worker route. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.