Digital Product Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an innovative new online learning service that Pearson has launched in the UK. Working in partnership with universities across the country, the division provides online learning services including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support.
Summary of role
The Digital Product Manager will have ownership and responsibility for strategy and implementation of internal and external web and digital platforms used by the UK OPM team. Bridging the gap between technical and business worlds, the Digital Product Manager will create excellent relationships and work with Senior Management, Project Management, Marketing, Recruitment and Student Success teams as well as external stakeholders to deliver a first class digital experience, consistently improve and grow the partner brands’ digital presence and ensure best practice is followed across all digital products.
Leadership and strategy
- Setting the vision for UK OPM’s suite of digital products
- Managing the tech build and integrations budget and working with internal and external suppliers (new and existing) to provide excellent value for UK OPM
- Understanding the needs of internal and external stakeholders and bridging the gap between technical and business worlds
- Supporting decision-making by building a working understanding of the limitations of the website and associated platform
- Managing the build and ongoing optimisation of OPM University Partners’ microsites, contact forms/RFIs and (where required) application portals, as well as integrated digital platforms such as Salesforce, Pardot, Live Chat, Zoom, book.me, BT Cloud, Essendex, sprinklr and any other connected platforms
- Delivering a first class digital experience by understanding student and staff needs and making recommendations on how to optimise user experience based on analytics and customer feedback using tools such as Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Hotjar
- Liaising with the website core platform team to ensure that the Partner Microsites are running effectively and resolving any technical and infrastructural issues that may arise
- Ensuring all data capture, storage and transfer is secure and GDPR compliant at all times
- Setting up new partners and programmes on Salesforce
- Coding HTML digital marketing emails in Pardot and automated email communications from Salesforce
- Implementing and maintaining the technical aspects of search engine optimisation (SEO) strategy and ensuring all digital products follow best practice in line with this strategy
Supporting the business
- Supporting the Marketing, Recruitment and Student Success departments with Salesforce and Pardot issues and empowering the department to get the best out of Salesforce and Pardot
- Empowering the Marketing and Comms Teams to create and manage excellent content by providing training and support on the website platform
- Supporting the Salesforce Administrator and Project Managers to continuously improve Salesforce usability and reporting functionality, including all integrations with other platforms, telephony and social media
- Working with the Comms team to ensure site builds and HTML emails are optimised for their copy and design needs
- Keep up to date with the latest technology and online trends to ensure the partner brands are at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
- A solid background in project management, product management and/or digital marketing is required.
- The candidate will need to employ project management abilities with problem-solving, communication and analytical skills.
- Experience working with salesforce.com and content management platforms is required.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Degree level qualification in business, finance or related discipline
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Project/Programme Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2018
Job Unposting: Oct 12, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1812712
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.