Digital Supply Chain Analytics Lead
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Global Supply Chain Function
The mission of the Global Supply Chain function is to deliver competitive advantage through excellent customer experience while leveraging scale and cost efficiency.
As part of our Supply Chain transformation and ambition to move to digital supply chain, we are building the foundations with End-to-End visual dashboards, leveraging real-time data from our operational systems to drive performance improvement for our physical and digital products.
The Digital Supply Chain Analytics Lead will consult with the central and regional supply chains and wider business, to build business requirements, design the dashboards, partner with IT and consultancies to ensure we implement robust and sustainable solutions, and then coach and work with the supply chain teams to embed into standard ways of working.
- Consult with the central and regional supply chains to build business requirements.
- Lead the design and implementation of our visual dashboards with KPIs and metrics, aligned with industry standard benchmarks and best practice.
- Partner with IT, the Enterprise Data Warehouse, external consultancy companies and our offshore analytics team to continuously improve existing Tableau dashboards and prototype new capabilities with the business.
- Project manage the development and testing of new reporting capability, ensuring that the data mapping and architecture is robust and sustainable.
- Implement and embed the new capabilities into the business processes and standard ways of working.
- Communicate monthly performance to the Global Supply Chain leadership with executive level reporting on KPIs, and partner strongly with the S&OP team to ensure markets / regions have the right tools to run their monthly process.
- Leverage the Visual Supply Chain reporting and understanding of supply chain to provide the business with deep dive analytical support and drive performance improvement by identifying key trends and root causes of performance issues.
- Interpret data and provide analysis on Forecast Accuracy, Inventory, Cost-to-Serve, and On-Time, In-Full (OTIF), to ensure the business makes fact based decisions about the supply chain.
- Partner with the regional supply chains to identify corrective action plans.
Essential Skills /Experience
- Previous experience in a Business Analyst role with strong grounding in supply chain and ERP systems (e.g. Oracle).
- Degree level qualification preferably in Supply Chain or a related discipline
- Professional supply chain qualification desirable (e.g. APICS)
- Advanced skills in descriptive and diagnostic analytics, and data visualisation preferably with Tableau.
- Previous experience with SQL and database management.
- Ability to analyse and interpret figures and information, with strong Excel skills.
- Good understanding of project management principles and a solid track record of delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical knowledge of process mapping and modelling.
- Displaying critical thinking skills dealing with complex supply chain issues.
- Effective communication and facilitation skills, able to lead matrix teams, including external vendors.
- Good understanding of Lean Sigma and Agile prototyping methodologies
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Live and role model our values: Brave, Imaginative, Decent and Accountable
- Demonstrates High Performing Team behaviours
- Partners and challenges where appropriate, always putting the end customer at the centre of everything we do
- Proactive, assertive, and holds self and others to account
- Consultative and engaging approach, creating an environment for co-creating solutions
- Ability to build strong relationships and navigate in a matrix organisation
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Supply Chain
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 20, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1811714
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.