Director, Digital Channels Product Owner
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
Pearson’s Global Digital Channels and Customer Experience team is looking for a Product Owner to work directly with strategy, product managers, UX, and technology to identify, prioritize, and document detailed business requirements. With an ability to think strategically, obsess about the details and implement with speed you will empower teams to focus on their respective roles and find a common ground to address business requirements.
Collaboration, partnership and active stakeholder management is foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth is key.
- Lead on detailed information gathering/capture from the business teams and specialist teams (UX, Analytics etc), preparing the handover of requirements to technology teams as specified.
- Analyze potential product enhancements and requests to determine the best way to develop and build the best solution in the time available, setting the expectation for the delivery of new functionality.
- Develop a product vision and roadmap based on the needs and goals of the business, breaking down high level requirements into deliverable user stories that can be developed during the agile sprints and deliver a usable product at the end of the release.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Translate business problems into project goals.
- Apply, promote and improve the Agile way of working.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Must Have Attributes :
- Work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Previous experience with successfulecommerce roll-out projects at enterprise level
- Strong understanding ofecommerce system architecture
- In-depth knowledge ofAgile process and principles
- Competency withchange controls, project life cycles, structured analysis and process methodologies
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Focus on operational excellence and time management
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
Nice to Have Attributes :
- Familiarity withHybris
- Familiarity withAEM
- CRM familiarity -Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Marketo & Oracle
- Communication- You have developed interpersonal skills and use these to influence outcomes with persuasiveness and candour. You appreciate the diversity of stakeholder interactions and adapt your style and approach accordingly.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills– You will bring with you a network of relationships, and a track record of excellent internal stakeholder management at all levels, seen as a trusted advisor to team leadership.
- Global Perspective and Learning Agility– You take a systematic, structured view of situations, while staying focused on the big picture.You have significant experience operating in a global environment and are able to demonstrate cultural agility.
- Deliver Results– You have a track record of achievement, accountability and translating complex strategies into actionable plans.
- Time Management -Excellent organizational skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions.
- Judgement and problem-solving skills– You demonstrate sound judgement in assessing business risks and make decisions that balance a variety of factors whilst always maintaining the integrity of the core values and business strategy.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 28, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1816620
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.