Director Global Shared Services Governance
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
To provide governance to the Finance Ops Shared Service organization including the captive Shared Service centers and Business Process Outsourcer (BPO). To establish and maintain global governance standards. To provide support to Finance, Finance Ops and other business functions in their interactions with the captive and outsourced service centers.
- Ensure effective governance of the shared service organization globally
- Work with Finance, PFS and IBM to ensure clear understanding of roles and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to established SLAs/OLAs and approve formation of a remediation plan when not met
- Provide oversight of performance management process & reporting
- Actively manage senior level stakeholder relationships
- Be point of contact for Finance, PFS and IBM regarding complex issues and lead resolution process
- Approve contract changes for BPO in accordance with budget
- Monitor continuous improvement activities
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of BPO contract
- Own business continuity plan globally and ensure testing is performed annually
- Drive the problem management process and related technology
- Work with business counterparts on resolution of escalated issues
- Work with Controls Center of Excellence on all control issues and related SOX deficiencies
- Proven experience of relationship management internally and externally
- Strong control background
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Finance processes
- Understanding of materiality and risks.
- Exceptional organization, time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent team-player and interpersonal skills: strong written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively across various levels in the organization.
- Strong and strategic thought leadership to identify business needs and how to solve for them in efficient and innovative ways.
- Ability to effectively perform detailed analysis and big picture assessments of company processes
- Proven ability to meet stringent reporting deadlines.
- Excellent influencing skills, including the ability to communicate complex process issues to non-technical people
- Flexible, analytical, focused on results and efficiency and able to work independently
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Extensive experience working in a financial shared service environment, preferably with both captive and outsourced centers
- Minimum of 2 years at the Director level
- Experience working as a liaison between multiple parties including upper management
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Hoboken
Work Locations: US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River 221 River Street Hoboken 07030
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 26, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801113