Director LATAM Service Centre
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Global Business Services Centre (GBSC) for Latin America is an important pillar of our Global Business Services strategy and Enabling Functions transformation. The centre is preparing to launch a period of rapid expansion as an important regional specific hub for Finance services delivery for partners across Pearson.
The GBSC will drive efficiency and effectiveness benefits for Pearson across core business processes:
- Hire to Retire
- Plan to Perform
- Record to Report
The Director Global Business Services Latin America will have overall responsibility for the operational effectiveness of the GBSC facility in Latin America including:
- Successfully completing mobilisation and setup of the Latin America GBSC services centre in year 1.
- Building effective working relationships with Pearson stakeholders globally.
- Manage the successful completion of work transitions, in line with agreed transition completion criteria.
- Working with stakeholders to define and manage to service levels and outcomes.
- Managing and optimising the cost base.
- Ensuring efficient supply of skills and expertise, onboarding, utilisation training and development of resources.
- Ensuring effective, efficient and timely onboarding of resources.
- Efficiently and effectively managing and scheduling assets, including infrastructure, environments and devices, space and facilities.
- Creating and driving a programme of metrics-led continuous process improvement driving innovation.
- Creating and evolving a Pearson culture in the GBSC through effective leadership and behaviours, ensuring that performance and morale is high in order to retain and develop staff within the centre.
- Ensuring compliance with Person standards and processes, including security and privacy.
- Delivering effective communications to and engagement with staff within the centre.
- Ensuring that the quality of output from the centre meets customer expectations and is in line or preferably exceeds agreed Service Levels
- Operating as a team player across GBS, collaborating to drive excellence across all functions within GBS
Related work and academic experience
- Experience working in distributed organisations delivering core business process services across Finance, HR and/or other business process domains.
- Experience building and managing operations of a local service delivery facility providing support to multiple countries effectively
- A track record in working across borders in a shared service model
- Successful track record building and developing high performing teams
- Understanding of automation tools and methodologies and how to integrate them into an operational solution
- Experience building and managing direct and indirect budgets
- Experience managing standards and process compliance
- Experience managing space and asset utilisation
Essential skills and competencies
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Able to apply industry best practices in context
- Background in HR or Finance and/or other business process domain.
- Financially literate
- Familiarity with HR standards and regulations
- Relationship building
- Stakeholder management
- Process Compliance
- Process improvement
- Collaboration with personal responsibility
- Able to inspire and motivate large teams
- Excellent communications with both technical and business audiences
- Formal education to degree level or equivalent.
- Preference this person can speak Portuguese
Primary Location: MX-MX-Mexico City
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 5, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 15, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809054
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled