As a leader, you will motivate, coach and support a team whilst working collaboratively with colleagues from across the organisation, to develop and deliver Stonewall’s empowerment programmes to a consistently high-standard. You will be required to meet financial and non-financial targets, and in line with Stonewall’s organisational strategy and internal priorities.
The successful candidate will have an impeccable track record of engaging with leaders and stakeholders with significant experience in building and harnessing personal and organisational relationships across a diverse range of internal and external partnerships/stakeholders. You must ensure the Empowerment team become the organisational experts and resource for facilitated sessions that enable individuals to confidently and competently effect change for themselves.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Develop an Empowerment Strategy to identify and respond to market risks and opportunities, and clearly set out how Stonewall will deliver and grow its empowerment offering in the UK and internationally over three to five years.
- Set out a clear Business Development Strategy that includes flexible and sector-sensitive business models to meet income targets, develop the reach of Stonewall’s work and ensure delivery of Stonewall’s empowerment programmes across different communities, sectors, organisations and territories.
- Deliver and further improve Stonewall’s existing range of empowerment programmes and events to achieve positive and sustainable change for LGBT people and allies from all communities.
- Develop and report against a suite of financial and non-financial indicators to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of empowerment programme delivery, ensuring annual income, delegate targets, expenditure budgets and other targets are all achieved.
- Coach, mentor and support the Empowerment team to build capability, confidence and capacity to deliver empowerment programmes and events (including a focus on internal skills development, succession and career planning, and an external focus on delivery partnerships with Stonewall’s clients).
- Develop and implement proactive and comprehensive alumni engagement programme to maintain and grow relationships with alumni from all of Stonewall’s empowerment programmes, and actively involve those alumni in Stonewall’s service offerings. This may also include Stonewall Associates, partners or consultants.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Memberships teams to promote and sell Stonewall’s empowerment programmes and events in line with a targeted marketing strategy aimed at key growth areas or other markets identified.
- Establish the Empowerment team as the organisational experts in the development and delivery of programmes, conferences, workshops and seminars, and support Stonewall as an organisation on this.
- Play a full part in the Senior Management Team including, but not limited to, business planning, reporting, events, team safety and wellbeing, and other activities.
Our offer is an exciting career opportunity within a value-driven organisation. Stonewall is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people from all sections of the community. We would like to encourage applicants from BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds as they are currently underrepresented at Director level.
BAME Recruitment Ltd are a diversity and Inclusion firm who are operating as an employment agency on behalf of Stonewall. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will send you more information on the role including a detailed job description.
Please email your CV and Cover letter to CV@bamerecruitment.com