Director of Mid-Market Sales, Behavioral & Clinical
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Director of Sales for Mid-Market will lead an in-market professional sales team of 12 full time sales personnel that are primarily based in the Pearson Bloomington, MN office with some remote employees.This sales team is responsible for selling a full suite of Behavioral and Clinical Assessments to approximately10,000 mid-market level school districts, universities and behavioral health hospitals with an annual revenue responsibility of $45M.This sales team is responsible for selling a full suite of Behavioral and Clinical Assessments to approximately10,000 mid-market level school districts, universities and behavioral health hospitals with an annual revenue responsibility of $45M.
The Director of Sales is primarily responsible to lead the tactical execution and operating sales efforts of the Clinical Mid-Market sales team in achieving their annual assigned quota through robust operating processes, sales metrics, incentives, and performance plans of his/her sales team. In addition, he or she is also responsible to coordinate with other key stakeholders to ensure availability of appropriate products and tools, quality customer support, effective marketing support, and other critical customer-facing needs to ensure high customer satisfaction and renewal rates.
Importantly, the Director of Sales is a strategic representative and face of the Clinical Mid-Market business to key internal constituents and the senior executive staff. Finally, the Director of the Mid-Market sales is an executive role that sits on the SVP Sales staff and acts as a critical voice in helping in set both the strategic direction and growth plans for the future success of the Behavioral and Clinical Assessment businesses.
* Key Duties: *
* 60% Time Allocation: Sales Management and Leadership *1.Drive consistent achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and revenue quotas for the Mid-Market and Inside sales teams. 2.Set strategic sales direction and execution plan. 3.Provide daily leadership, strategic direction, and tactical guidance for the Mid-Market and Inside sales teams. 4.Drive closure of significant account deals and achieve quota. 5.Be actively involved with key customer sales calls to resolve customer questions and/or concerns, drive customer satisfaction, and grow revenue. 6.Lead the development and execution of all territory sales plans, territory deployment, and sales incentive elements of the Sales team. 7.Hold monthly all-hands business reviews, sales opportunity pipelines, and forecasting with entire sales team (i.e., sales operating rhythm). 8.Ensure sales representatives are meeting their monthly, quarterly, and annual sales metrics and quotas.
* 30% Time Allocation: Team Performance Management: *1.Develop and accurately manage monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and expense forecast reporting for the Mid-Market and Inside sales teams. 2.Ensure regular interaction with sales representatives in one-on-one meetings and staff meetings to manage sales activity and results. 3.Coach and mentor sales representatives to deliver top sales results, and serve as a change agent for the division. 4.Evaluate and manage staff performance and help develop overall team selling, negotiating, and business acumen skills. 5.Hire and train new sales staff.
* 5% Time Allocation: Sales Support: *1.Coordinate representation on behalf of the Mid-Market business at key events or meetings, to both internal and external audiences. 2.Drive utilization of CRM tools to track and forecast sales opportunities. 3.Ensure that our internal constituents, as well as dedicated sales staff, customer service, on-boarding, and technical support teams provide appropriate on-boarding and support for Mid-Market customers. 4.Support SVP, Sales as needed in various management and strategic planning meetings as assigned.
* 5% Time Allocation: Other duties as assigned *
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations: US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley 5601 Green Valley Drive Suite 220 Bloomington 55437
Organization: Assessments Clinical
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1719635