Director of Unified Communications & Collaboration
The Director of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) provides end to end service ownership for all voice and collaboration services and products to support Pearson’s global businesses. This role is responsible for Pearson’s global voice network, email messaging, information management, communications technologies, team and multi-party collaboration. The role is responsible for the strategic leadership, architecture, design, engineering, product lifecycle, deployment and operations of all in scope services. To realize these goals and objectives the position must balance strong technology understanding, commercial and financial acumen and with a service, team and customer focus.
As a direct report to the Vice President of Global End User Services within Technology Operations, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing short and long-term strategic departmental plans that support overall enterprise technology roadmaps and key business objectives.
- Managing a staff of global resources.
- Establishing current and long-range objectives for their team.
- Building plans and policies for all unified communications, messaging and collaboration services, strategies and technologies.
- Establishing a consistent and progressive strategy and architecture for unified communications and collaboration exploiting new market opportunities as appropriate.
- Strategically plans, developments, and implements new initiatives to enhance the global business. This includes projects related to investments and improvements.
- Ensuring that required metrics are understood and available. These metrics make certain the platform remains operational, optimised and available to business end users.
- Ensuring that key platform product life cycles are understood, tracked, and appropriate remediated.
- Coordinating design team support for future M&A activities. This support includes initial impact assessments, planning through to design, and implementation of the technical integration aspects of the merger as they relate to UCC and Collaboration Services.
- Supporting the VP, GWS in maintaining effective relationships with key business owners to ensure the department understands business requirements and future demand with respect to its impact on platform design and operations.
Deliverables (Within 12 Months)
- Support the delivery of the myWorkplace Programme and ensure timely transition of project-to-service and partner with the programme to achieve objectives.
- Deliver voice transformation strategy, working with VP of End User Services.
- Accountability for Voice Transformation aligned to the strategic objectives identified
- Deliver information management strategy, working with VP of End User Services.
- Accountable for G-Drive to SharePoint transition, aligned with information management strategy.
- Deliver roadmap for deprecation of legacy services.
- Accountable for projects delivering removal of legacy services.
- Customer service will be a priority with constant focus and awareness of user experience and requirements.
- Low number of self-imposed outages – drive high quality change and release management
- Deliver processes to manage “Evergreen” nature of Microsoft services whilst maintaining high uptime and availability.
- Reduce unit costs through design proposals and effective ongoing vendor management. This includes understanding and presenting of alternative technology/vendor options.
- Capacity and performance management structures developed to achieve optimal cost/performance relationships for all extensions to the platform.
- Develop meaningful relationships with key business stakeholders and leverage knowledge of the business to help customers in the use of strategic tools.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Director level experience in an O365 or UCC Service position
- Experienced in leading large geographically dispersed teams
- Voice Technology Experience (TDM and IPT)
- Call Center Technology
- International Voice strategy deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of Google, Office-365 and Microsoft Collaboration suites and experience in managing Collaboration Technologies
- Establishing and cultivating matrixed working relationship with all internal colleagues.
- Experience of leading technical input to significant ($10M) technology procurements.
- Demonstrable experience of driving unit cost reduction whilst maintaining platform performance and availability.
- Leads by example and encourages the team to maintain excellent visibility of industry wide trends and emerging technologies/vendors, and ensures that the team understands and utilise developments to the benefit of Pearson.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience:
- ITIL certifications.
- Relevant technical certifications.
- Product management qualifications.
- Science or engineering degree.
Key Pearson Attributes
- Always Learning
- Customer Focused
- Strategic and Visionary
- Makes it Happen
- Relationship Builder
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 2, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1908552
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.