Director, Professional Services
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The School Division (K-12) is currently recruiting for a Director Professional Services. This position is based in Don Mills.
The Director, Professional Services, provides management and oversight of all aspects of Professional Services product development, delivery, and support, through all phases of the School Division’s Product Lifecycle. This position is part of the School management team and is responsible for providing specialist input on all strategic divisional decisions and for growing the business. The Director is responsible for ensuring that the division is pursuing and executing a customer-centric, efficacious, comprehensive and well-resourced long-term Professional Services strategy. He/she will be the primary liaison with Pearson colleagues globally who have Professional Services responsibilities and will be responsible for optimally leveraging Pearson Professional Services assets. The Director, Professional Services will also have long-term responsibility for helping the School Division build Professional Services capacity across divisional functions. The Director, Professional Services, will have 3 direct reports.
- Ensure that Professional Learning Products and Services are optimally designed, produced, marketed, sold, delivered and supported to provide positive learner and teacher outcomes.
- Research, articulate, validate and implement consistent standards for all Pearson Professional Learning Products and Services.
- Grow revenue generated by the sale of Professional Learning Products and Services within the School Division.
- Provide leadership to the Professional Learning Services team through ongoing management, group strategy meetings, reporting, as well as providing support and ongoing feedback to the Professional Learning Services team
- Participate in and support sales and marketing activities related to Professional Learning Products and Services.
- Contribute to the development of the Pearson Professional Learning Products and Services brand.
- Contribute expertise to the School Division’s short and long-term Professional Learning strategy.
- Provide on-going analysis of the School Division’s Professional Learning offerings in order to identify (and fill) gaps and to solidify a consistent Professional Learning story.
- Participate in new product research, conceptualization and testing.
- Actively assess Professional Learning partnerships with outside agencies, associations, and providers.
- Champion an efficacious, learner-first approach to all Professional Learning Services.
- Connect the School Division to Professional Learning Services from other vendors active in our market.
- Participate in the evolution of this role and in the function and composition of the Professional Learning Services team.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma
- Experience in customer-focused development and delivery of Professional Learning Products and Services
- Supervisory experience
- Sales knowledge in the education market
- Product user research experience
- Ability to effectively manage a revenue-generating business unit.
- Ability to manage a cross-functional team.
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated passion for providing customer satisfaction
- Current knowledge of Professional Learning products and services available in the educational market
- Strong communication, presentation and instructional skills; ability to reach customers with widely divergent needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in an evolving corporate environment with diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to find differentiators between product offerings and speak fluently about gaps and advantages.
- Proven ability to meet sensitive deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effect business growth
- Experience with on-line learning models
Pearson Canada is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Primary Location: CA-ON-North York
Work Locations: CA-Don Mills-26 Prince Andrew 26 Prince Andrew Place Don Mills North York M3C 2H4
Job: Product Management
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1713061