Director, Relationship Management, Technology Shared Services
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Global Business Services provides Technology Services to teams across Pearson from our Technology Delivery Centre operations in Chennai and Colombo. Teams from our delivery centres are actively engaged in delivery of critical programmes and supporting our products and platforms across Pearson through services comprising:
- Software Engineering
- Quality Engineering
- Maintenance and Support
- Infrastructure Operations
Effective delivery of GBS Technology Services is also key to driving a number of significant benefits for Pearson:
- Increased quality of technology solutions development and service delivery
- Faster speed to market for technology products, platforms and business systems
- Significantly reduced cost of technology solutions and services
The Director, Relationship Management position is the key interface between consumers of technology services across the company and delivery operations. This role will be dedicated to the Information Technology Group, in order to build strong relationships with platform owners and delivery teams in that group, and to ensure that GBS Technology services are meeting their needs.
The main responsibilities of the Director, Relationship Management:
- Participate in program delivery, from the earliest stages of planning, in order to ensure full understanding of the needs of Technology Services Customers and proactively plan for delivery accordingly.
- Build a forecast of demand from the particular dedicated business area, taking inputs from planning systems and processes, as well as participating in regular planning meetings driven by teams, and translating structured and ad-hoc inputs into GBS demand management process.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the full scope of all GBS services, with the ability to draw on specialists from each of the GBS service lines, as needed, in order to define the scope of work for the GBS to deliver the required outcomes for individual programs.
- Maintain oversight of all services being delivered to Information Technology, and act as a point of escalation, proactively driving resolutions where needed, for both Technology Services Customers and TDC teams working in that business area.
- Provide management information and reporting to internal customers across all service lines delivering for that customer.
- Collaborate with Technology Service Line Leads to resolve any delivery issues or risks and identify opportunities for continuous improvement, as seen from the perspective of a Technology Services Customer.
- Input into regular Supply Management reviews to ensure that the supply chain of capacity is aligned to business needs and to provide any clarifications needed to effectively source resources for work in their area.
- Proactively identify the need for new capability or service types, based technology roadmaps and program plans, then work with the GBS Leadership Team to design new services and source supply accordingly.
- Communicate emerging GBS-led initiatives and insights to GBS Customers, to drive the innovation agenda.
- Project management, planning, risk and issue management, regular reporting, budget management.
- Scoping work packages and creating services solutions, including outcome based delivery models and service levels.
- Enterprise systems.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Experience with offshore technology delivery at scale, including Agile Delivery models, such as SAFe, as well as “waterfall” delivery approaches.
- Vendor relationship Management.
- Communication, both verbal and written.
- Customer focused.
- Change management experience
Primary Location: US-NC-Raleigh
Other Locations US-NJ-Hoboken
Work Locations: US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River 221 River Street Hoboken 07030
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 11, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 18, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809239
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled