We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Director - Content Risk Technology
Reports to: Head of Development, Risk – Customer Risk
This role is responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction of Content Risk Technology. The role holder will be required to engage with and work closely with the Product Management and Development teams within Risk.
Execute against the plan to build best in class Content Risk Technology assets;
- Implement and contribute to the strategy for the Platform and provide strong technology support to ensure successful development and execution of Content Risk Technology development delivered globally;
- Provide input to the creation and prioritization of technology requirements that support the defined proposition plan for Content Risk Technology;
- Provide oversight of the preparation of technology-specific requirement specification (PRS) – inclusive of detailed end-user workflow and needs/demands specifications;
- Sponsor product fixes, enhancements, and upgrades through direct, frequent, and regular contact with Technology Leads, Product Management and Proposition teams;
- Contribute to the definition of the Next Generation Platform;
- Support the reduction in cost of existing infrastructure, maintenance and enhancements through simplification, leveraging of central systems and embracing new technologies and automation;
- Support technology development agility and time to market; shut down legacy infrastructures and migrate customers to strategic platform;
- Partner with the Architecture Team within F&R and pan TR, to ensure technology design fits with existing product architecture and future technology strategy;
- Partner with Operations and Network teams pan TR to create a long term strategy to incorporate new standards for hardware, shared infrastructure and third party software components;
- People management
- Ensures allocation of resources is aligned with business priorities and identify solutions for the optimal utilisation of resources;
- Demonstrate drive and commitment to the creation and delivery of platforms to support risk technology
- Takes ownership for dependent technologies and services, representing the overall technology to the customer
- Understands criticality of service provision to the customer, takes proactive preventative steps, and responds immediately and with urgency to service issues
- Creativity and innovation: maintain an innovative mindset whilst operating with a set of defined internal and external communication processes. Challenge the teams to achieve continuous improvement around process, development methodologies, quality assurance automation and coverage and overall efficiency supported by the appropriate metrics.
- Customer centric. Promote a customer awareness culture within the team. Foster a culture of innovation and encourage staff to think differently in finding solutions to delight customers;
- Drive execution in a complex organization: Anticipates and probes issues and contingencies with the early involvement of others, creating a culture that translates strategies into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables. Drives accountability and makes timely decisions and tough calls on enterprise issues and opportunities;
- Delivery: Ability to understand the business and practices of a global organization and to deliver to demands in an agile way that meets customer demands. Accountable to ensure technology is aligned with product architecture both existing and future strategy;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills: (market analysis, requirements definition, competitive analysis, etc.);
- Strong team player with experience of working with virtual teams from different functions/regions;
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to quickly establish trust and credibility; demonstrates confidence to navigate the matrix and identify key stakeholders and their respective needs
- Communication: Ability to communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non technologists. Proven ability to translate the vision/strategy into clear priorities and direction;
- Build talent;
- Strong financial and commercial acumen;
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters: In strategy, markets and competitive landscape.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Execute to deliver next generation technology platform
- Strong alignment and collaboration with Technology Leads, Product and Proposition teams. Proven communicator to influence Technology, Product and Customer Facing teams
- Part of global high performing teams
- Innovation and customer mindset
- Proven experience using formal software engineering tools and methodologies, including design, development, testing, etc
- Articulates technical and non-technical information effectively to multiple audiences and levels. Demonstrates active listening
- Ability to stand-alone and drive difficult decisions
- Appreciates and drives change in the organization as well as the impacts and consequences of those changes
- Ability to anticipate and identify threats and opportunities, and create innovative strategies
- Able to inspire and influence broadly throughout the organization
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
- BSc in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Advance technical and/or business degree preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the TR business and product lines is preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.