Our Dispute Resolution group is made up of 12 partners and currently has 51 associates, 16 trainees, 2 Professional Support Lawyers and 13 paralegals. It is exceptionally busy and is keen to hear from good candidates.
The work involves High Court matters, domestic and international arbitrations, formal inquiries and inter-jurisdictional disputes. The practice encompasses the whole range of commercial and financial disputes including banking litigation, professional negligence, administrative law matters and proceedings for judicial review. Applicants with a specialism in a particular area are welcome to apply and we would be able to offer them an opportunity to broaden their experience.
We are looking to recruit a 0-5 years’ qualified associate into the group.
Role and responsibilities:
• Advising on the legal and commercial aspects of a wide range of commercial and financial disputes
• Advising on a wide range of commercial and financial litigation, including cross-border disputes
• Advising on a wide range of commercial and financial arbitrations
• Advising on legal and commercial aspects of a wide range of investigations and enforcement actions brought by regulators
• Developing professional relationships with clients
• Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
• Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees
• Providing efficient professional support for partners.
Key skills and attributes:
• Appropriate level of post-qualification experience (we anticipate between 0-5 PQE in a City or leading international firm). We do not usually count clerking or internships with a Judge for these purposes
• First rate legal/commercial knowledge and analytical skills
• Broad exposure to complex, high value disputes
• Previous experience giving dispute resolution advice in a strategic context is essential
• Experience of reviewing, analysing and providing detailed advice on legislation
• First rate drafting skills
• Strong academic background (the equivalent of high 2.1 degree and AAB at A-level) and a demonstrable high level of intellectual rigour
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
• Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
• Resilience under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Experienced in running negotiations/meetings under minimal supervision
• Willingness to present to large and small groups, both internal and external
• Impeccable attention to detail
• High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics
• Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.
Location: London EC1Y 8YY
Salary and benefits package: Competitive
Closing date for all applications: 30/06/17
Please note that any offer of employment with the firm is subject to the firm receiving a satisfactory report in respect of the successful candidate from its third party screening and vetting agency.