The Distribution Technician is responsible for the receipt of goods and raw materials, the picking, staging, and shipment of finished goods, as well as the operating and maintaining of production equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
This technician role supports the Castrol plant in Warminser, Pennsylvania.
- Perform all work in a safe and efficient manner while following documented written procedures
- Work in a cooperative manner with others to receive raw materials, package finished products, and ship lubricants in a manner that promotes safety and environmental compliance.
- Comply with BP and OSHA standards
- Operate forklift or other powered equipment in a safe and efficient manner to load, unload, stack and stage product
- Maintain equipment, materials, and work areas to ensure they are clean, safe, and organized.
- Correctly handles and completes all associated paperwork to provide accurate records of daily transactions allowing for prompt inventory control as well as compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations for shipments
- Set up and operate machinery to inspect, fill, weigh, label, and pack containers with products and materials
- Observe operations and inspect packaged items for conformance with specifications
- Able to mathematically prepare and skilfully execute safe practices/procedures for the receiving of packaged raw materials and the packaging and shipment of large quantities of finished goods
Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment with production, warehouse, or process experience.
- Qualified to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate all packaging and process equipment in a safe and efficient manner following documented written procedures.
- Must have basic math skills, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of computer programs (i.e. e-mail, data entry, document review).
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate Safety Leadership at all times.