Distributors are playing an increasingly important role in the delivery of the Castrol strategy. As we seek to build deeper, longer term relationships with our chosen Distributor partners, there is a global trend to larger more material partners in the channels and geographies in which they operate.
Therefore, the Distributor Business Manageris the key interface between the company and the Distributor, and is focused on building a business partnership philosophy of 'sell through and market with'. The role will directly manage 2-3 Territory Sales Managers (TSMs) who will assist the manager in building the distributor business in the assigned territory.
This territory for this role is the States of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, and Maryland, and is home based. The location requirements include living in the territory and near a sizable airport for ease of travel.
- Responsible for the assigned distributor's results across Passenger Car (PCO) and Heavy Duty (HD) segments.
- Develop (and agree both internally and externally) the scorecard and the supporting annual business plan for each Distributor in the area of responsibility. These business plans are aligned with the overall business strategy, the internal marketing initiatives, the Distributor capability expectations as well as the compliance with BP Healthy & Safety guidelines and Ethical standards. They encompass growth for both the Distributor and BP.
- Implement the annual business plan with the Distributor, providing permanent support in all areas of its contents, and in particular regarding:
- Prospecting new Castrol accounts through Distributor Sales Representatives (DSR)
- Sales performance including forecasting
- Sales capability (skills and knowledge)
- Scorecard management
- Turfview accuracy
- Dustomer offer deployment, coverage and satisfaction
- Financial and cash flow performance
- Hrand representation and compliance
- Health & Safety and ethical compliance
- Collect results from the execution, and analyse against the planning, and run (min) quarterly reviews in order to undertake corrective actions if necessary.
- Share field findings and experience at team level, extracting comparable information.
- Availability for the Distributor Sales team members and/or the DSR.
- Directly manage, coach and work with TSMs to achieve targets agreed in the distributor scorecard and annual business plan.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of substantial experience in a sales role, preferably in the lubricants business.
- Ability to build relationships, communicate well and influence across various levels of an organization.
- Ability to train others, as well as manage performance and complex relationships in a real time, ongoing basis.