We have a great opportunity for a Document Controller to join the team based on the M62 DHS-ALR J25-30. This is a permanent full time position based onsite. We are looking for an organised, confident and team focused Document Controller to join the Team.
About the project
Costain are one of three delivery partners in the Highways England Smart Motorway Programme (SMP) Alliance and are delivering all the schemes in the Northern region. The main project will be M62 (J25 – 30), with support also being provided for M62 (J20 to J25) and Stop Vehicle Detection schemes.
This role will be based on the M62 scheme (J25 – 30) at the start of construction phase to transform the dynamic hard shoulder to an all lane running motorway. There will also be opportunity to work in parallel with the team that are developing the design of the motorway improvements nearby between Junctions 20 – 25
The Document controller will support the Senior Document Controller, Design Manager and Project Manager for the successful completion of the project. The Document Controller will ensure that information is issued in accordance with the Design Management Plan (DMP) and registered on an electronic system (iCosnet) that allows full traceability of issue date, status and revision.
The Document Controller is responsible for
· Receipt, issue and distribution of documents and data to all parties as required maintaining records of issues.
· Responsible for documenting the design/construction information as it arrives; its status and revision, in accordance with the Design Management Plan and for formally returning reviewed information to the designers
· Maintaining iCosnet for all documents and creating document reports when required
· Implementation of document management activities in accordance with the information management procedure.
· Maintenance and protection of document and data repositories (hard and soft copy)
· Reviewing and amending existing project documentation metadata.
· Tracking document review progress and reporting outcomes.
· Responsible for managing the design/construction information on site to ensure that all members of the contract team have the latest revision of design/construction information and are aware of any comments that may affect progress or re-work on site.
· Assisting with the managing of SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) information and ensuring it is captured on iCosnet.
· Supporting the handover manager and ensuring that project information is updated in line with the handover requirements
· Issue Technical Queries to relevant parties and maintain the TQ Register
· Archiving of documents and data.
· Good organisational skills and be able to manage your workload.
· Good IT, written and inter-personal skills.
· A positive approach to supporting team members.
· The ability to communicate confidently and assertively with a variety of people at all levels.
· Friendly and approachable with a “can do” attitude
· Promote the business in a professional manner
· Adhere to the requirements of the Costain standards and systems
· Have a flexible and positive attitude towards change
Qualifications & Experience
· Experience of working in a Document Controller role is essential, preferably within the engineering or construction industry.
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.